RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 You would actually make a box for me? I mean, if your serious, then I would be interested when I get my whole set-up. I have to leave the fun part (making it) up to you, but I can design it and give you measurements. Well, to be 100% honest, I have no experience at all with boxes. Nada, Zip, Zero. Like, is there a certain wood to use? How do I tune it to 35 hz? Like, I'm a clueless mind. Haha MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 I would stay away from sammitch, ryan. My $0.02 Haha. Will do. Wait, so I'm not under powering the SSD's right? Well, I probably am but 1000RMS each? Even though it says 800? Im SO confused! Haha MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Guest Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 your friends amp that you said is a 2600 watt one, is a hifonics. meh/decent brand for the money. you can get an AQ 2200d for those fully loaded SSD's and it would be quite loud if you build a 4 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz. if you want to talk more, add me as a friend and talk to me on chat.
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Kranny you can trust. No such thing as underpowering a sub. Just some people read numbers but not factual knowledge or experience. And the tuning of a box depends on the size, volume after displacement and port area. If basslova designs the box, you will have all the dimensions you need. Then you would use 3/4 mdf wood and get to work, lol. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
geoffh10 Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 My guess is he has a prefab box, that is probably way too small for the subs, So I think if you build a nice box, you could very well be louder..... What subs/amp is he running?? I am not sure what amp, but I'm pretty sure there Kicker CVR's 15's. And yeah, its in a Honda.. So I'm not sure if its prefab or whatever, but the voltage is 12.0-12.8 . thats not a lot of volts. Im running a stock alt on my car and i never dip below 13 thats with 3 Fi btls
dugee81 Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 My guess is he has a prefab box, that is probably way too small for the subs, So I think if you build a nice box, you could very well be louder..... What subs/amp is he running?? I am not sure what amp, but I'm pretty sure there Kicker CVR's 15's. And yeah, its in a Honda.. So I'm not sure if its prefab or whatever, but the voltage is 12.0-12.8 . thats not a lot of volts. Im running a stock alt on my car and i never dip below 13 thats with 3 Fi btls with what kinda battery bank? 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
bassl0va Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 thats not a lot of volts. Im running a stock alt on my car and i never dip below 13 thats with 3 Fi btls You either have some nice batteries in there, or you are running a pathetic amp for those subs. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
TeamHT Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 Some people...who cares what subs you're running? Subs don't draw current... And I have to call 100% bullshit. What are you powering the subs with if you even have them? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
dugee81 Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 Some people...who cares what subs you're running? Subs don't draw current... And I have to call 100% bullshit. What are you powering the subs with if you even have them? lol sony XPLOD 1300 WATT 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
bassl0va Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 Some people...who cares what subs you're running? Subs don't draw current... And I have to call 100% bullshit. What are you powering the subs with if you even have them? lol sony XPLOD 1300 WATT Don't you know? Those amps have been clamped at around 9000 RMS. They are even 500% efficient at this output. Bloody amazing amps, Sony certainly got it right there. Im pretty sure it's all in the unobtainium MOSFETs, but I'm sure they have some other Pandora mined technology in there. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.