Sonic Electronix

Dynamat vs FatMat vs Peel & Seal

After careful consideration, I've noticed that the most expensive is Dynamat. Then up is Peel & Seal, and the cheapest is FatMat. But which of these works the best? I've heard rumors, and horror stories about smells, peeling, etc. I just want to know yall'z personal experience with these products.

mivtCK.png

I have one layer of Fatmat in my trunk, i used a heat gun to apply it, and it smelled a little like tar for about a day. This did give me a noticeable decrease in trunk rattle and fender flex when i was running 2000wrms. I think now that i have more power i need another layer or two.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

After careful consideration, I've noticed that the most expensive is Dynamat. Then up is Peel & Seal, and the cheapest is FatMat. But which of these works the best? I've heard rumors, and horror stories about smells, peeling, etc. I just want to know yall'z personal experience with these products.

You should use the search button... This has been discussed a million and 1 times...

Well instead of being a smartass about it, why can't u just tell me your opinion?

mivtCK.png

I have one layer of Fatmat in my trunk, i used a heat gun to apply it, and it smelled a little like tar for about a day. This did give me a noticeable decrease in trunk rattle and fender flex when i was running 2000wrms. I think now that i have more power i need another layer or two.

Thanks man...I was gonna go with peel & seal, but after looking at prices, i think fatmat will be better. I just don't want my car to end up smelling like crap.

mivtCK.png

Well instead of being a smartass about it, why can't u just tell me your opinion?

Thats high hopes around here.. But has anyone else ever had a problem with using search on this site? I have tried to find specific things by searching for key words and i cant ever find what im looking for even if i know its there.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Thanks man...I was gonna go with peel & seal, but after looking at prices, i think fatmat will be better. I just don't want my car to end up smelling like crap.

If you going to, i would use at least 2 layers.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

fat mat smelled to me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You should use the search button... This has been discussed a million and 1 times...

My opinion is you are lazy. Not only are you lazy, you probably still live with your parents and your Mom still washes your underews... Which is why you cant get on the computer (you're already on the site) and use THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON!!!

Actually, Im 22, married, have kids, live on my own, and I have a career. I just have a hobby of car audio, and I love it. I did use the search button but it didnt' weild the results I was looking for. The only thing i found immediately was about the prices, and I didn't want to spend an hour looking through old post, when it would take 5 minutes to make my own. So instead of gettin on here, calling people lazy, and talkin shit, move on to another post.

mivtCK.png

Archived