Sonic Electronix

Dynamat vs FatMat vs Peel & Seal

Well instead of being a smartass about it, why can't u just tell me your opinion?

Thats high hopes around here.. But has anyone else ever had a problem with using search on this site? I have tried to find specific things by searching for key words and i cant ever find what im looking for even if i know its there.

When the search does come up with stuff I'm looking for, it never helps me out.

mivtCK.png

I agree with Boil, Use the search

been talked about i even made the topic

nuff said dont try to be an ass to those of us that have been here for alot longer then you

I did search, and i've already read all of the threads on your post. But it didn't help me out. I'm not worried about thickness...b/c I have money to buy multiple layers, whichever brand i get...I just don't want to go buying 200sq ft of fatmat, get 2 layers on the inside of my tahoe, and then it smell like shit for the next 6 months. I guess I shouldve specified it was the smell I was more worried about in the original post.

mivtCK.png

then use second skin if you arent worried about cost

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Is this kid stupid or what? thickness is what you need, not layers why spend x amount on shitty deadening and a ton over layers when you could save x amount on something that will work with 1 layer, I mean come one you have two type r's your not doing to much damage,

My opinion is you are lazy. Not only are you lazy, you probably still live with your parents and your Mom still washes your underews... Which is why you cant get on the computer (you're already on the site) and use THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON!!!

Actually, Im 22, married, have kids, live on my own, and I have a career. I just have a hobby of car audio, and I love it. I did use the search button but it didnt' weild the results I was looking for. The only thing i found immediately was about the prices, and I didn't want to spend an hour looking through old post (BECAUSE I'M LAZY), when it would take 5 minutes to make my own. So instead of gettin on here, calling people lazy, and talkin shit, move on to another post.

I was being nice. You were the one that started with the shit talking... :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2:

Well, whatever. I just feel like it would've been just as easy to say, "hey, i prefer such and such brand" instead of being an ass and telling me to go "search it instead of putting a post up". I mean, this is a forum board, to make threads. If you feel that it is a redundant post, then don't open it. There are others out there who will open it and help me out. But, fyi, I did search, and it didn't help me out. I'm worried about smells...idc about prices, thickness, etc. I dont want my truck to smell.

mivtCK.png

Is this kid stupid or what? thickness is what you need, not layers why spend x amount on shitty deadening and a ton over layers when you could save x amount on something that will work with 1 layer, I mean come one you have two type r's your not doing to much damage,

Actually, the type r's are doing alot more damage than I would've ever expected. 142.8db. But I have 4 SA-12's, and 2 AQ-2200's. Just haven't built the wall for them yet. This is why I am starting with the sound deadening material, before i start on the enclosure.

mivtCK.png

I don't know much about sound deadening, I have never used it. But I feel like 2 layers of fatmat or edead would be better than one layer of second skin or dynamat. Maybe I'm wrong, idk. Let me know something.

mivtCK.png

you are wrong id do a single layer of damplifier pro over fat mat or peal and seal or edead etc. I should have taken pictures of the fat mat next to the damp pro.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I used fatmat on my doors..it was thin so I did 3 layers on the inner and 3 layers on the outer doors worked good then...i didn't have a problem with the smell i just noticed that it didn't want to stick that well. If I had the money at the time I would have done my doors in second skin. seems like a way better product

Archived