Just don't be stupid on it. Be careful. My buddies buddy crashed on a gsxr 600 going 50 mph and ran into a light pole, now he is paralyzed.

Edited by GoHoMeUcRyBaBy

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

I was thinking of getting a 250 but then figured with a 600 I wouldn't have the need for getting a bigger bike. I've ridden dirtbikes and enduro's before though I've never ridden a sportbike.

I guess it sort of depends on how big you are. Either way, a dirtbike and an enduro is not even close to the power you will have on tap with a 600cc superbike. If it were me, I would get a Ninja 250 and ride it for a year. Get the hang of how to ride correctly, then when you sell it you should have no problem getting MOST of your money back on it, then move to a bigger bike. You also should take lessons from a professional instructor if you have that available to you. You could always have your bike tuned down, which I think some states make you do that when you first start. Also, yes a Ninja 250 is nothing crazy, but they still do the quarter mile in around 14 and a half seconds, which is pretty quick on 2 wheels first starting out. The 500s will do the 1/4 in high 12s, which is faster than a lot of cars you will see on the road, even cars that cost 10x the cost of the bike.

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...)

FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice...

SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap

SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....)

I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to go small. Do what you want to do as long as you trust yourself to ride properly and safely until your comfortable. Bikes can always be detuned for lower performance settings to help you settle in with the bike.

I started off on a 750 the way it came off the lot. You just have to respect the bike and the power it has. Been riding for a few years now, had my bike permit before I had a car. Been riding since, except for I now ride a 750 Honda Shadow ACE, got tired of street bikes, and preferred to take longer rides out in the country with friends and family and the cruiser was a better fit for me.

Just do what you wanna do, just make sure to pay attention 10x better than you would in a car.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to go small. Do what you want to do as long as you trust yourself to ride properly and safely until your comfortable. Bikes can always be detuned for lower performance settings to help you settle in with the bike.

I started off on a 750 the way it came off the lot. You just have to respect the bike and the power it has. Been riding for a few years now, had my bike permit before I had a car. Been riding since, except for I now ride a 750 Honda Shadow ACE, got tired of street bikes, and preferred to take longer rides out in the country with friends and family and the cruiser was a better fit for me.

Just do what you wanna do, just make sure to pay attention 10x better than you would in a car.

this x10

i know lots of things can go wrong on a bike and not only do you have to be careful the way you drive but also aware of every1 around you and how they are driving. I don't really like to buy and sell stuff thats why I kinda want to go with a decent size bike so I don't have to sell it after a year or so...a gsxr600 is still up in the air..but I do for sure know I want a 600...I took a look at the yamaha fz6 and it seems like a better idea for me...plus I could buy one new for a little more than the used gsxr I looked at.