Electrical Problem

you adding the terminals probably dont have anything to do with the problem. but if you did anything with the wires, re check them and make sure all the terminals and bolts are tight. and dont assume anything. physically look at it and pull on it and move it. dont just look and think shit is tight. we all forget stuff.

you adding the terminals probably dont have anything to do with the problem. but if you did anything with the wires, re check them and make sure all the terminals and bolts are tight. and dont assume anything. physically look at it and pull on it and move it. dont just look and think shit is tight. we all forget stuff.

this is true...even the best of us forget something, or overlook something from time to time...

to the OP...please have this looked at by a fresh pair of eyes....experienced eyes

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

this is true...even the best of us forget something, or overlook something from time to time...

to the OP...please have this looked at by a fresh pair of eyes....experienced eyes

agreed. and like someone said before you can end up with a burned up car or a whole mess of wiring and electrical problems with will cost more then the car is worth to fix it. if no fuses blew i would check your positive to the alternator. there is no fuse on that wire and if it shorted then it would kill the car.

1 ground goes to the strut mount,This isnt a very good ground spot. I'd be willing to bet that thats the problem.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

1 ground goes to the strut mount,This isnt a very good ground spot. I'd be willing to bet that thats the problem.

i dont want to disagree with you but that is a very good ground spot. as long as he kept his factory ground also and he ground it down to bare metal. but the strut mount bolt is connected to the whole body and with a very thick spot of metal. not like the factory one that goes to the thinnest spot on the car.

i dont want to disagree with you but that is a very good ground spot. as long as he kept his factory ground also and he ground it down to bare metal. but the strut mount bolt is connected to the whole body and with a very thick spot of metal. not like the factory one that goes to the thinnest spot on the car.

Aluminum no matter how thick it is, is never as good a ground as steel. It has to do with the electrical properties of said metal. My advice would be to ground to the frame/sub frame.

why in the world would the body of the car and the strut mount bolt or either of them be aluminum? an all aluminum body would make a very expensive car... and not a very strong strut mount (which has a 1.4 of the whole cars weight being forced up on it...

LOL what DO you think a body is made of? Unless its a Corvette (Which has a fiberglass body, or a pre 80s car, 99% of all cars have aluminum bodies.

But like I said I would ground to the frame/ sub frame. Then again its not my car to burn to the ground.

Edited by blackrosetiger

a body is made of steel lol. not aluminum.... hahaha

LOL what DO you think a body is made of? Unless its a Corvette (Which has a fiberglass body, or a pre 80s car, 99% of all cars have aluminum bodies.

But like I said I would ground to the frame/ sub frame. Then again its not my car to burn to the ground.

go out and take a magnet to it odds are its going to stick sorry but magnet won't still to aluminum