Sonic Electronix

what amp would be recommended to power a mayhem 18. i would be getting 2 of the subs so any ideas on a single or multiple amps? is there a benefit going with 1 or 2?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

How many ohms are the coils going to be?

Running one amp should be easier to set up, and it won't suck as much current from your electrical.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

How many ohms are the coils going to be?

Running one amp should be easier to set up, and it won't suck as much current from your electrical.

not entirely true always depends..

and bro whats your budget and just saying your going to have xs power in the back doesn't help to much what size are they what kind of alt do you have?

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

i was lookin at a 250 or 270 amp alt. i was hoping to spend about 1000 on the amp or amps, but if i need to spend a little more thats fine to. i was looking at the sundown 2500's. powering them at 1ohm

Edited by bigkevy

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

are you doing a wall? i would do 1 AQ 3500 each depending on coil config or anywhere from sundown 2500-3500. ive seen a 4500 on one but it was clean.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

i was lookin at a 250 or 270 amp alt. i was hoping to spend about 1000 on the amp or amps, but if i need to spend a little more thats fine to. i was looking at the sundown 2500's. powering them at 1ohm

you could do that to where you could strp the amps to make tuning them easier or just get one big amp something does does 5-7k i'd say but your going to need s STRONG electrical for all of this I mean atleast one alt if not two and alot of battery bank to help out

its not gonna be walled, but the subs will basically be right behind the front seats and going to seal off the trunk. i have the hifnoics bxi 2610 and 2 olm2145s in there now. it sounds great compared to other systems ive had. i went with them basically for the bang for the buck factor. but with this new system in the making im wanting to basically go all out. so ill want to go with amps that are a little cleaner power than what i have now. ive heard the mayhem 18 can put out like 3000 - 3500 or so but is it safe to go that high without causing damage?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

its not gonna be walled, but the subs will basically be right behind the front seats and going to seal off the trunk. i have the hifnoics bxi 2610 and 2 olm2145s in there now. it sounds great compared to other systems ive had. i went with them basically for the bang for the buck factor. but with this new system in the making im wanting to basically go all out. so ill want to go with amps that are a little cleaner power than what i have now. ive heard the mayhem 18 can put out like 3000 - 3500 or so but is it safe to go that high without causing damage?

They can take alot of power yes with burps i'd say about 8k easily, but thats not anything you need to worry about. The speaker is as safe as the person behind the volume knob and tunning the amps. a sub can take ALOT of CLEAM power but clipped or "dirty" power now that a different story. I can put a 500w amp on a 2k rms sub and blow the sub from clipping it. Like i said earlier you need to have a good eletrical to support those amps now if you can only fit a single alt look for something with decent idle but good max output cuz your going to need to rev your engine to give long demo's im sure. Also about 4 D3100's or similar batteries would help alot, along with about 3-4 runs of postive to the back to help current flow

also good luck sealing off your trunk with 18's not trying to be a downer but i dont see it happening

Edited by OldsBoomer

Um...where are these going in the stang? Not to mention...have they already been purchased? I have one 18" mayhem I've been playing around with and the RMS hardly seems enough to bring the sub to life. I would do an AQ3500 per sub but that's really going to depend on your budget and electrical.

If you're only wanting to spend a grand on amps I think you might want to look some different subs. One 3500 should be enough for some XLs...maybe even some havocs.

If the subs were already purchased what's the voicecoil configuration? That's really going to give you your wiring methods.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?