Sonic Electronix

And on a side note...I've done some clipping tests and the older BTL 12" took clipping like a champ never once going out on me. In fact, the amp ended burning itself out before the sub did and the sub is still working.

I plan on building a new wall with three mayhems and plan on giving each 7000 daily so well see.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

im sure this is probably basic knowledge but why would you run 7000 watts to the sub when it says its rated at 2500?.

im not experienced enough to get crazy about it and go below 1ohm. i was thinking if i went dual 2ohm on the subs id wire them at 1ohm on the sub.

and oldsboomer why would it be hard to seal off the trunk and have the subs and port facing inside the cab?

and if the 2500 watts rated doesnt really do the sub justice what about this amp - http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/NEW-POWERBASS-XA-4000D-4000-WATT-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER/XA-4000D.aspx

Edited by bigkevy

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

Just get a Stetsom 7K2 and be done with it.

Also, if you were going to run the subs off one amp you'd need to go for dual 1 ohm coils. For two amps, dual 2 coils will be fine.

EDIT: you don't run 7K to one sub, you run 7K to both. And you do it because the subs can take it, and because it makes the people here get excited. Haha

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

im sure this is probably basic knowledge but why would you run 7000 watts to the sub when it says its rated at 2500?.

im not experienced enough to get crazy about it and go below 1ohm. i was thinking if i went dual 2ohm on the subs id wire them at 1ohm on the sub.

and oldsboomer why would it be hard to seal off the trunk and have the subs and port facing inside the cab?

and if the 2500 watts rated doesnt really do the sub justice what about this amp - http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/NEW-POWERBASS-XA-4000D-4000-WATT-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER/XA-4000D.aspx

It's not basic knowledge, which is why its safer normally for many people to just stick to rated. I will be feeding my mayhems 7000 each because I want to =)

Before pulling out my current setup I had three BTLs each wired to 1 ohm on an individual RF T4000. Voltage sitting at 14.7 to 15.1 never dropping below 14 volts at full tilt.

If you're getting two D2 subs...were you planning on wiring each sub to 1 ohm on an individual amp?

ya i was planning on running 2 amps. im not sure why i guess its the way ive always done it. but what about that powerbass xa-400d amp? and 2 of them? or just stick with sundown or that stetsom amp?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

I have had no experience with stetsom and maybe some of the people who do use it can provide factual opinions and advice.

The powerbass is ok but honestly is rather run the AQ3500 per woofer.

I'm still really worried about space...maybe one 18...or two 15s...

well i figured if i seal the trunk opening with some mdf and foam and then come out about a foot inside the cab where the back seat used to be it would give me about 11 or 12 cubic feet

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

Honestly in the space provided I'd rather do two 15s but I would measure it out to be sure. Can't always trust the eyeballs