Sonic Electronix

like it says... trucks going in the bodyshop hopefully this saturday to fix where i got hit, while the doors are off i figure fuck it ill pull the seats and carpet/headliner out and go to town with the "tar" tape.... i know when i did my doors with the lowes special foil backed tar tape shit they sound night and day better, think doing my roof and floor will help me be any louder??

i plan on doing eather way, jus curious if anyone has any persional experience with this

:drinks:

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

If you're going to say fuck it, why not do it the correct way?

cause im not rich lol. i did some resurch befor i did my doors, and this tar tape was said to be affective, altough not the best, and may smell like tar... my truck smells nothing like tar so i lucked out!

dont get me wrong, if i had the dough, id spring for the dynamat... but hell, 15$ for a 50' roll... i did all 4 doors for 15$.... figure if i do double layer on roof, single layer on floor and double layer on back of cab... should help a good ammount..

or were u talkin something else when u said correct way???

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

You got what I meant, but I wasn't always rich, but even then I could NEVER feel good doing it cheap. Budget is one thing...cheap is a completely different thing.

You can check out fatmat for cheap deadener, but if you get some quality deadener you don't have to cover every square inch. Just enough to stop certain parts from vibrating and add as you buy more.

First audio system I saved up and could only afford to do my trunk lid. I did, then saved and did piece by piece. I will never skate for lowes equipment, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lol yeah thats typically how i am man, but after reading and shit i decided give that a shot.... and damn... i expected alot less.. thats for sure. seems like i get ALOT more volume outta my mids and highs. well it sounds better high i guess..

ill take a look into fat mat though! see whats up!

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

you didnt do a whole lot of research . that tar stuff can be harmful to your health as well. its never been made to be in an enclosed area.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you didnt do a whole lot of research . that tar stuff can be harmful to your health as well. its never been made to be in an enclosed area.

lol i guess i didnt... i never read anyting about health issues.... been done for like 8months, im not dead yet. lol. whoops

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

lol i guess i didnt... i never read anyting about health issues.... been done for like 8months, im not dead yet. lol. whoops

the odds are very minute but it can have adverse affects. especially if you live where it gets hot.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.