Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Aero Port vs. Slot Port


CWaterfield

Slot Port or Aero Port  

6 members have voted

  1. 1. Which one would be more for sound quality over SPL?

    • Slot Port
      0
    • Aero port
      6


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am thinking of making a new box for my BL and was thinking of doing 2 aero ports.. I was wondering what the difference between aeros and slot ports are? Is one "more for SPL" than the other one? Its a 18 BL and the box will be 7 cu ft and would have 2 8" aero ports. I dont really know that much about box design so I wasnt sure about using aeros :shrug:

Posted

I am thinking of making a new box for my BL and was thinking of doing 2 aero ports.. I was wondering what the difference between aeros and slot ports are? Is one "more for SPL" than the other one? Its a 18 BL and the box will be 7 cu ft and would have 2 8" aero ports. I dont really know that much about box design so I wasnt sure about using aeros :shrug:

Car? Power?

Posted

I am thinking of making a new box for my BL and was thinking of doing 2 aero ports.. I was wondering what the difference between aeros and slot ports are? Is one "more for SPL" than the other one? Its a 18 BL and the box will be 7 cu ft and would have 2 8" aero ports. I dont really know that much about box design so I wasnt sure about using aeros :shrug:

That's a great question that I am also interested in knowing.

2002 Suburban on 24s

(2) RF 2500bdcp's

(1) DC Power 270xp alt (for system only)

(4) Kinetik Racing KR3112 batteries

(1) JL Audio A4300

(1) Focal K1 component sets (rears)

(1) Q Logic kick panel 6 1/2" pods

(4) Eminence 6 1/2's speakers (fronts)

(6) Selenium Super Tweeters

(2) Sundown Audio Nightshade hybrid 18s

Posted

I prefer Aero's over Slot however IDK why.....

I think I like being able to change tuning without having to rebuild the box.....I can just take out the entire tube, modify the length and now I am tuned differently, lets me find out what tuning I like for the specific sub best, without having to build a new box.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

as far as i know, if you do them right, you won't notice any difference.

this...the advantage to aeroports is that you can easily change port length by swapping the tubes.

As long as you don't have any hard corners on your slot port you won't have turbulence, which is why aeroports work the way they do...

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Posted

as far as i know, if you do them right, you won't notice any difference.

this...the advantage to aeroports is that you can easily change port length by swapping the tubes.

As long as you don't have any hard corners on your slot port you won't have turbulence, which is why aeroports work the way they do...

but as far as sound differences, assuming you do everything the right way there is no difference right?

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1180 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...