Sonic Electronix

^not bad but i would personally go for something more proven, such as fi, re, dd,treo, hifonics (subs). If you are looking for a super woofer that can handle the beating of spl, look no further then FI, and for the price you cant ask for more out of a company. I love my fi subs and would not give them up for anything, not only is there product good, but if you have any kinda questions or problems the boys at fi will help.

SPL is not just something you can just jump into, there is lots of planning and tuning, and planning more and tuning again, then blowing shit up and then fix'n that...... so on and so on, if you are looking to go the "cheaper" route i would not go for a pure spl set up. Have you gone to many shows bro? If you are looking for loud on a budget and not having to constantly be fixing something or buying more shit, i would go into the wonderful world of Bass Race. Bass race is lots of fun, and i think most season vets will tell ya bass race is alot more fun then spl. You can build a very loud system do great in the lanes, and still be able to listen to your setup on a daily level. I am not trying to be a dick, but i would give your ideas a real run though, and see if a pure spl setup is something you want to deal with. If you have any question bro, just shoot me a pm, i would be more then happy to help ya find something that will smash in the lanes, and something you can blow people away on the blvd. just my .02$

SPL is not just something you can just jump into, there is lots of planning and tuning, and planning more and tuning again, then blowing shit up and then fix'n that...... so on and so on

Have you seen Groundpounders build he did for pure spl? It takes so much time and $$ and material to do that. I am not talking out of my ass here bro, not only do I compete with the suburban (which is not a pure spl setup) but I also compete with our van. Its taken 4 years to get where we are at with it!

OUR VAN

Like ZI said b4 I am not trying to discourage anyone from competeing or getting started in this!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

i think i used the incorrect wording when i said SPL vehicle. i really meant a vehicle that can get really loud and compete in like bass race and stay in the high 40s low 50s

Oh so you want a daily that can compete then! Yeah thats a great Idea, I love mine

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Oh so you want a daily that can compete then! Yeah thats a great Idea, I love mine

yea, i dont want a 50cent bomb proof van that has 10inch lexan windows and does a 160. i just want something were i can have a daily groundpounder that puts out high numbers.

Lets Go Ski

I just read this topic and I'd have to say that get quality over quantity. I've always been the type to get a lot of woofers and one amp. I've got 8- 15" low end JL Audio Subs with 1600w going to them. That's about 200w RMS to each and they pound and I was low on cash when it came to buying equipment. It took me a couple of years to buy everything piece by piece. The next build will definitely have fewer subs that are of good quality and good amps. I have to have over 5000w in my next build. Quality is better than quantity now that I think of it. There's a truck that has 4-15s Powerbass 3XL Subs in it and it just puts mine to shame. I know mine looks good and his looked like crap, but man did it ever bang. I need bang, so thats my next move.

Edited by BlockShaker

BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics

MY SET UP:

Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player

Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player

Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor

Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner

Boyo Back Up Camera

Alpine ERA-G320 EQ

Apple Mini Ipod

Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod

Stinger Volt Meter