Where do you buy your equipment?

Where do you buy your equipment  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one or more

• Local Dealer
    • Online Store
    • Factory Direct
    • Used Equipment, ie ebay, smd, craigslist

no, they cover the warranty by buying a new whatever you have warrantied, or pay for repair. they make their money by selling warranties that never get used.

@Winn - yes, he actually knows what he's doing.

Well at my shop they have no clue it seems...

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Just because some local shops don't know what they're doing doesn't mean all are that way some of us do know what we're doing and aren't trying to screw people around. As far as selling mainstream stuff you have to sell alot of it because that's what a majority of people know and think are the best i know kicker isn't the best but it's hard to sell products alot of people aren't familiar with.

Just because some local shops don't know what they're doing doesn't mean all are that way some of us do know what we're doing and aren't trying to screw people around. As far as selling mainstream stuff you have to sell alot of it because that's what a majority of people know and think are the best i know kicker isn't the best but it's hard to sell products alot of people aren't familiar with.

Some do know what they are doing and honestly they are probably really good and actually take pride on there installs and as for some as long as their customers hear bass they are happy and get there money no matter how they do it people arnt very knowledgeable about what some car audio shops actually do and dont know what they are getting or there ability to get LOUDER cheaper

But some car audio shops are good... And i respect them..

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

yea well fail on the shops parts for not trying to expand the market maybe markups wouldnt be so high if they catered to everyone not just mainstream thats why i got my mmats cuz i only had them and my best friend no one else i chilled with. I mean the problem is people try to push a few things so the markup is higher cuz they only attract a certain customer base. if the legit stores carried dc and t3 and soundstream and all the others they could bring in so many more customers and do more business and have less of a markup. and for me why should i really care about their family if they dont care about mine yah kno, mostly their fault that they need the high markup cuz they will pay to much or for to many people to be working and not even that most places dont advartise, like around me i get great deals no where online prices but i gotta rep them hardcore stickers on my car all over and always show up at the shop and not a problem for me but for others it is. im down with paying as little as possible for the best product.

Sorry, but this is where I call bullshit.

When you have a customer in your store, it is your job to be an expert in all things audio. This is why they came to you to begin with. Yes they may have an idea of what brands they like because it's a name they heard or because their friends said it was the best. You have heard of a Geo Metro, but you wouldn't try to sell one saying it is a hotrod right?

Anytime you have someone in your store, 2 things are going to happen. Either you are going to sell them on what is the best fit for their needs OR they are going to sell you on what they think they know.

If you can't sell them on a brand you think would be best for them, then you either are no salesman or you don't believe in the product you sell.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yea EVERYONE around thinks they are badass cuz they run Sony, Kenwood, Kicker, and Polk.

Me i run Fi, AA, and DC because they are the best in my opinion. And they are unknown to most people. They are like yo you sound like you got kicker. Im like no Fi. and they are like they shit i never heard of them :) and it beats the shit out of them

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

+1 i agree with that statement but also they dont know everything about there product like when you walk into best buy now and they know jack about the product they read right from the card, like you kidding me why do i know more than you and you work here its like that with everything all they care about is money now not the customer.

i just try to find whatevers in my budget. honestly tho, never took a second to think about it before man. either shop or online, if i can find a deal i will buy it.

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

Infinnity Kappa 6.5" components powered by 250.2 kicker amp

Currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

3 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

3 Rockford Fosgate T40001bds

6 kinetiks batteries

dual 300 amp alternators from Iraggi

while there are 7 or more shops within 15 miles i dont think any of them will get my money....only 1 has an oscope (12 years old) and the rest hadnt even heard of one. i asked how they check for clipping on amps they said "oh i can just hear it". i do still believe there are good shpos out there i just need to find one. im not saying i know more than all shops i just wanna walk into a shop for once and actually be able to learn something.

for example ever since the summer when i first learned of North Olmstead performance ive wanted to see it from the first post i saw of it. cant wait to go back to Ohio! i hope i can make it.

i wanna be able to walk into a shop and conversate. instead of him trying to force an un-needed dual head unit down my throat it would be cool if he asked what i had and complimented it or started talking about what he used to run.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Archived