vortec motor loss compression

i would still unhook it if you can, and yea that is a dumb design

he wouldn't be able to drive then, it has throttle body injection right op?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

oh yea if it is a throttle body leave it the FU*K alone. those are quite the pain in the a** to work on i dunno why i didnt put that together.

and if it is, i wouldnt drive it 200 miles to a show. that crank case would proably build up quite a lot of pressure. i knoe that the pcv system is there to help, but it can only do so much

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

it has those weird mechanical poppets that are prone to stick open or closed shouldnt i smell gas out of my exhaust thats unburned

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

ok dont mess with the injectors. and no you shouldnt smell gas out your tail pipe, because that cylinder has lost all compression, so when the piston moves up on the compression stroke all the air/fuel mix just goes by the piston, this is called blowby. all engines have blowby. and that is why the pcv (positive crankcase ventalition) system was made, to take that blowby from the crankcase and pump it back into the intake manifold to be burned again. your pcv system is just working overtime with the air/fuel mix not being burned in that cylinder.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

thanks guys there is no way to disconnect the injector tube its in the manifold. im looking to nurse it for another month then im pulling the bish out for a mild performance build with top notch parts

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

well the PVC valve recirculates the gasses not liquid, some should pass through the exhaust valve. it may catch on fire as its in the exhaust. i had a Toyota with a dead cylinder drove it around for about a year. on long trips the catalytic converter got so hot from the gas collecting and burning in it that it started melting the floor. if you get allot of gas going by the rings keep an eye on the oil level. to much liquid gas in the crank case isn't good, it can cause seal failure just keep an eye on the oil level.

on a chevy 350 vortec what should the compression be at psi wise like if you do a test? is 200 psi good? my hoe now is like 120

TEAM DC AUDIO

Archived