Sonic Electronix

2 smds 1 kicker warhorse?

so i have this crazy idea of putting 2 18inch SMD/AA'S in my JEEP wrangler Jk.

the Kicker Warhorse is a very nice amp and for $1500 Dollars thats soo worth it, it does 10 000watts rms at 2ohms (14.4v) so each sub will be getting 5000 watts

Reference

Sonic Electronix and Audio Savings

the maximum trunk space i have is 43" width, 26" height, and 22" depth

this all totals to 12.46 Cubic Feet

now i know for the Kicker Warhorse u need 2 alternators that are 200 amp each and 8 12 volt batteries

i was thinking of maybe just keeping my 270xp DC Alternator and getting 4 XS D3100 and all together i will have 6 batteries

i think this can work because the XS D3100 each can supply enough juice to power a 5000watts sound system so if i have 4 thats 20000 watts

im looking for opinions on this to see if this can work

any feedback is helpful

Thanks

so i have this crazy idea of putting 2 18inch SMD/AA'S in my JEEP wrangler Jk.

the Kicker Warhorse is a very nice amp and for $1500 Dollars thats soo worth it, it does 10 000watts rms at 2ohms (14.4v) so each sub will be getting 5000 watts

Reference

Sonic Electronix and Audio Savings

the maximum trunk space i have is 43" width, 26" height, and 22" depth

this all totals to 12.46 Cubic Feet

now i know for the Kicker Warhorse u need 2 alternators that are 200 amp each and 8 12 volt batteries

i was thinking of maybe just keeping my 270xp DC Alternator and getting 4 XS D3100 and all together i will have 6 batteries

i think this can work because the XS D3100 each can supply enough juice to power a 5000watts sound system so if i have 4 thats 20000 watts

im looking for opinions on this to see if this can work

any feedback is helpful

Thanks

i predict very bad voltage drop in your future

mite i ask how u plan to wire said smds? to get a 2 ohm load?

edit my bad i see u can get d2 sub i thought they were d1 and d.7

plz continue i wanna see the voltage go from like 14 to 8 i think it will be funny

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

Isnt there something weird about how Warhorses have to be wired involving the voice coils? Im not familiar with them but I thought I had heard something like that.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

thats the amp I was gonna run originally to my SMD's. Make sure you have or order D1's or you wont be able to run it. As for your electrical I would do exatcly what you said with the batteries, but I would add 1 more 270 amp alt to that. Kicker put those req. there for a reason and also, that is the BARE MINIMUM to run that amp. You also have to factor in the other amp/amps that you will be using for mids and highs, plus whatever current the car pulls normaly just to operate. If you dont want to blow those subs from dirty power do the electrical upgrades or use less power.

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

If you want that amp I would buy it while you can get it cheap. Just save up for the electrical before you hook it up. If you can, make sure you take advantage of the sale that XS is having right now. Good luck with everything. Cant wait to see a build log! :drinks:

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

You should be fine running it with your electrical. But if you can, get another alt. Im running about 10kw on a 270xp, and 8 Kinetik 2000's, and full tilt drop down to about 12.4, and on 40hz stuff stay around 12.8, 13 volts, but I don't full tilt that long either, just like 20-30 seconds at a time.

I swear ive seen someone do this before... oh yeah CJ18 did

the 270xp is a badass unit. i say start with what you have planned and if it isnt enough just start adding more. id love to see this :)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

man i really want to do this now.

i think it will work because this guy has 2

and he has 8 batteries but still he has 2 kicker warhorses so that means u need 16 batteries and 4 alternators right so i do't know how this guy is running them

Archived