Sonic Electronix

2 smds 1 kicker warhorse?

I think that port is WAY to small. You also need to allow into your calculations for subs displacement .52 for 2 SMD 18s and for bracing which you are going to need for these 2 beasts. I would also go bigger with the box if you can, something with about 13-14 ft3 net volume.

The higher you can keep your voltage, the more power you are going to see out of the amp.

I believe their limits are 15.5 volts though.

Cody, I know what you meant though. You were talking about a 12volt electrical system (which shouldn't be charged over 14.8 volts).

I just didn't want the OP to be confused if he doesn't have a lot of knowledge.

You are correct here. I keep mine charging at 14.9-15.1, just depends how the alt is feeling that day. I have a VCM on order to help control this better.

As hdorre said before 15.5v is the shutoff point for the warhorse.

I have also said this before in this thread but I will give you this info again. I have 8 XS D3400s, which give me 32000w in power handling. They are being charged currently by a mechman 270amp alternator (I have a new 350 amp unit ordered). At FULL TILT my voltage drops to 12.5 at the batteries and 12v at the amp. The closer you can keep your voltage to 14.4 the more power you will see.

yah i read that but im thinking about getting the D3100s why didn't u get those instead? and full tilt for how long? how much does it drop when u just have it bumping nice.

also why not get a mla module wont that help?

and thanks for all the info

The higher you can keep your voltage, the more power you are going to see out of the amp.

Cody, I know what you meant though. You were talking about a 12volt electrical system (which shouldn't be charged over 14.8 volts).

You are correct here. I keep mine charging at 14.9-15.1, just depends how the alt is feeling that day. I have a VCM on order to help control this better.

I have also said this before in this thread but I will give you this info again. I have 8 XS D3400s, which give me 32000w in power handling. They are being charged currently by a mechman 270amp alternator (I have a new 350 amp unit ordered). At FULL TILT my voltage drops to 12.5 at the batteries and 12v at the amp. The closer you can keep your voltage to 14.4 the more power you will see.

yah i read that but im thinking about getting the D3100s why didn't u get those instead? and full tilt for how long? how much does it drop when u just have it bumping nice.

I went with the 3400s to save as much space and weight as I could and still get the best performance. I am going with the VCM because I like the control that it gives you from inside the truck.

Sending you a PM now.

I think that port is WAY to small. You also need to allow into your calculations for subs displacement .52 for 2 SMD 18s and for bracing which you are going to need for these 2 beasts. I would also go bigger with the box if you can, something with about 13-14 ft3 net volume.

then i think the ports gonna be to close to the tail gate if i go bigger on the box

• 1 month later...

when using the box calculator you need to make sure the "port area" is in the "port area range"

or the tunining will be non effective and you will have port noise

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

when using the box calculator you need to make sure the "port area" is in the "port area range"

or the tunining will be non effective and you will have port noise

Boxtuning30hertz.jpg

hows that ive decided to use aeroports because it will give me more decibels and also i can use a smaller box to achieve a better tunning for hairtricks

if i used a 15x10 port then i have to make a bigger box and the port will be closer to the tailgate

Port15x10.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong. Did the OP say he ran the Kicker Warhorse to Two SMD 18's and he switched to DC XL's and it was LOUDER.

How can 10,000 watts of power not be enough to get a Pair of SMD's going? I thought the RMS is 3,500 watts.

I call :bull:

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Perhaps the Amp did not have enough batteries to produce the 10,000 watts?

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Perhaps the Amp did not have enough batteries to produce the 10,000 watts?

I think he said that the enclosure was too small I think he had 5.5 cubic feet per sub but these subs are meant to be used in 4-7 so I guess something is weird there

Archived