Sub ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What sub should i get for spl with some sq

• MTX 9500
    • JL W7
    • JBL GTI mkii
    • Alpine Type X
    • Mmats Dread

Find a new friend/installer who's not such a dick, and yes I read your posts before, but no matter what deals you get, my guess is that you pay more for a 9500 than you would for a btl of a larger size..I just got a btl the other day, running it at 1200 rms until I get a new amp after Xmas and it's honestly been by far my favorite/will be loudest woofer I've had...and it will most likely keep me going back to Scott and nick but even if I don't, I doubt they blackmail me..

Edit: and if he actually is your friend he'll most likely still give you deals in the future, unless he's the type of guy who doesn't care about anyone but himself

Edited by iKidwell

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I see where the OP is coming from and I also see where everybody else is also.

From dealer stand point, I see why, he wants this guy to run products local kids can see and hear instead of something he doesn't sell.

But he should force you to run it. It comes down to if you really want something different u may considering giving up the perks the shop has giving you.

its just a tuff choice lol, i see every side to it. and i understand i mean a mtx 9500 15 for 475 in a box isnt a bad price and then a mmats dread in a box for 460. i mean if i do decide to just play by his rules to keep the perks those would prob be my main choices. I mean could get the w7 in the jl box for 650. i think those are great prices. I mean for the 0 gauge wire installed for dual amps with everything needed its going to cost me 140 and its good wiring not shit wire. so if i stay what sub would be best for spl, if i dont just go with dc or fi. I have herd the 9500 it pounds at least to me for what i have herd but then i am partial to mmats since i used to own them

yea but a little out of my range lol nah im playing yea i can get the juggs but i was under the impression that they are more for tone not musical play. and i would deff need a new amp with dread cuz when i had my 3.0's they laughed at my amp its 1100 rms the subs were 750 rms. and i hooked my friends mmats 3500 up to it and i put the gain up to half for a couple hrs it laughed at that to