merk_master Posted December 30, 2010 Author Report Posted December 30, 2010 with proper sound deadening do you think I would have better results Subs up with port forward or backwards? hopeful noob
JuggaloGodfather79 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 i usually always face my port forward
merk_master Posted December 31, 2010 Author Report Posted December 31, 2010 would be less rattle that way too . I guess it is one of those preference things? hopeful noob
raolito1980 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 I have mine sub back port back. I tried sub forward, port forward not sealed and it suck azz. Maybe i need to try it sealed. I would like to try port towards to the front, any feedback on that? 2012 GMC SIerra CC System Build Headunit--Stock Sub Amp--DC 2.0k Subs--2-SA8v2's Enclosure--Need one made!! Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4 Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 XS Power D2400--XS D3400 No Big Three yet! http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980
Bakerman Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 Heres a little desing i drew for ya. If it was me, i'd put the port right in the middle. The outer deminsions are 36" wide, 16" tall, and 24" deep. And the top of the triangle used to make the angle is right at 12" back. It cuts ur sqaure feet down to about 7.98 square feet, but thats still plenty for 2 15's...plus if you seal it off, it will be beast. Hope this helps.
merk_master Posted December 31, 2010 Author Report Posted December 31, 2010 WOW THAT IS AMAZING!!!! but how would I go about proper port area? thats what usually baffles me . I didn't think of folding them inward like so . hopeful noob
merk_master Posted December 31, 2010 Author Report Posted December 31, 2010 Ok so Ive been doing some figuring ... if its ok to use the 3/4 inches on the edge of the box when mounting the woofer, I should be able to use 4" or 6" round ports and be able to do subs port forward . hopeful noob
JuggaloGodfather79 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 thats a sweet box design man
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 Sweet shizzles !! Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
JuggaloGodfather79 Posted December 31, 2010 Report Posted December 31, 2010 any way you can design a ported box for me that is 50" wide by 24" high by 17.5 deep for 2 fi ssd 15s tuned to around 35hz?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.