merk_master Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 Ok so heres the deal. I have a Ford Focus sedan with the rear seats removed. I have 2 15" planet audio subs on the way. They are too big to fit in the opening where the seats folded down. I was wondering what other arrangements I could do to make a decent amount of SPL. If you could rate the arrangements from best to worst. I hope I am not asking to much but I want to do this as correctly as possible. Thanks, Jake hopeful noob
Amerrricuh Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 i had the same issue then i realized that i could put the sub facing up. like so. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) Kenwood KIV-700 headunit 2 18" sundown Z.v3s 13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz SAZ-3500 DC power 270amp alt JL c2 650 AP600.4 XS 1200 under the hood XS 3100 in the trunk 1/0 gauge big 3 25^2ft audio technix ^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes! anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.
MDWSTBoom Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 I'm assuming there to tall not to wide, if thats the case just angle the box, its a lot of work sealing it off from the trunk but it's the way I went. Had the same prob. i've got a 99 Stratus and the 15's were to tall so I angled the box and sealed it off from the trunk and I had enough room width wise don't know if you do or not, like I said its a lot of work, other than that not sure wish I had some pics of it but don't have that system anymore. Just saw the vid don,t think you have enough room width wise good luck man. Alpine 9886 Rockford mids and highs MBQUART 4.125 2 xfl 15's 2 TRX2000.1's Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back
herbykw Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 I have tried a few different ways. Form best down the worst(my setups); subs and port forward(not sealed off) subs up port forward subs back port forward I have tried slot and tube ports, and I have had better luck with tubes. I will eventually get the flares for the tubes. 06 300C 5.7 Hemi K&N CAI JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD DC Audio 3.5k 6 DC Audio 8"s 6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834
keepinitloud Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 should have just done the big bang 12's the only way I see this workin is subs up port back or to the side 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
Robert8252 Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 I swear I've seen some focus's with two 15s sealed forward before. Maybe see what you can find. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
merk_master Posted December 24, 2010 Author Report Posted December 24, 2010 Ok so it was late lastnight when i posted this. I went out and did some measuring this morning. Ive got a maximum of 16.5 Height and 36" width (if i use a grinder) hopeful noob
keepinitloud Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 looks like you can squeeze them in sealed ported would be better 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
Chris from Mi Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 i've got a tiny trunk in my 02 neon with 1 15 in a 2.2 (biggest i could fit with 65 sq in of port) with sub and port on the same face of the box. After trying facing it forward (not sealed) back, and to the side, having them to the side was by far the loudest. I'd love to seal it off from the trunk but with the work that i do i need to be able to easily remove it. edit: I would have spent a shit load on supplies building that box had i not built it without gluing and test fitted it, so make sure you test fit before gluing Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4 Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids Alpine cda-105 optima up front Knu klm 1/0
n8ball2013 Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 you guys forgot the easy answer. wall it THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.