nice gun cody. kimber ultra cdp is next on my kimber list. next time your in the savannah georgia area, go see pedro ortiz at ortiz custom guns. he does phenomenal work on 1911s. we all call him the "gun whisperer".

If I become more comfortable with carrying cocked and locked, I will add a kimber ultra to my collection of pistols. For now I am sticking with my glock as my daily carry. In the end it is about what you are comfortable trusting your life with for your daily carry.

The kimber is a killer piece of gun art :0) nice purchase there bro

Thanks! So far I love it. Eventually I will add the 5" and 3" to my collection along with this one.

nice gun cody. kimber ultra cdp is next on my kimber list. next time your in the savannah georgia area, go see pedro ortiz at ortiz custom guns. he does phenomenal work on 1911s. we all call him the "gun whisperer".

If I become more comfortable with carrying cocked and locked, I will add a kimber ultra to my collection of pistols. For now I am sticking with my glock as my daily carry. In the end it is about what you are comfortable trusting your life with for your daily carry.

the way the 1911 is built, it is 100% impossible for the gun to go off with the safety engaged. it is a piece of solid steel blocking the sear from disengaging the hammer. :drink40:

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Hugh is right it wont go off... Period

BTW someone please post in my thread i started in the Guns section i need some help :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

the way the 1911 is built, it is 100% impossible for the gun to go off with the safety engaged. it is a piece of solid steel blocking the sear from disengaging the hammer. :drink40:

I know it is impossible for it to go off with the safety engaged. The part I am not comfortable with yet is having to flip the safety off as I am pulling the gun. This is my first 1911, so I will become more comfortable with it over time.

The biggest thing that I have to get used to is the difference in the angle of the grip between 1911s and glocks.

I know it is impossible for it to go off with the safety engaged. The part I am not comfortable with yet is having to flip the safety off as I am pulling the gun. This is my first 1911, so I will become more comfortable with it over time.

The biggest thing that I have to get used to is the difference in the angle of the grip between 1911s and glocks.

grip will help with that. ive tried several different way of gripping the gun. this guy has some very good advice. i went from shooting 3" groups at 21feet with a poor grip, and starting gripping like this and now i shoot a 2 inch group at 75 feet freehand. and remember thumb OVER the safety.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Grip is everything when shooting..It can make or break you when it comes to hitting a target or flat out missing one

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived