Pioneer video bypass

I can't remember how's mine is done. But if can find Ray on here, he can tell you how to wire up the relay.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

put it to ground and see what happens??? some hu since when the ground is constant though and will not work if it is so you might just have to play with it.

well... what model is it? some of the pioneers, like the avics, you move the pin and ground it. the 3200 and 4200 you need a relay because it senses if the parking brake is on when the HU turns on so you need a slight delay.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I read about it possibly needing a relay to 'delay' the time it sees power after the head unit is powered or something like that.

It will not let me pair my cellphone bluetooth right now, so I think the wire is not correct; right now it is connected to +12v ignition.

I will try to play a video from my ipod to verify it, if that works, then it is not the bluetooth prob.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

well... what model is it? some of the pioneers, like the avics, you move the pin and ground it. the 3200 and 4200 you need a relay because it senses if the parking brake is on when the HU turns on so you need a slight delay.

Sorry bout that.....MVH-P8200BT.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

it needs a ground, not power. that one doesnt seem to need a relay, just hook it up to the HU ground. and in the future, dont GUESS when hooking up wires. this is how you short something out and brake the thing or cause a fire.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

it needs a ground, not power. that one doesnt seem to need a relay, just hook it up to the HU ground. and in the future, dont GUESS when hooking up wires. this is how you short something out and brake the thing or cause a fire.

Thanks, no offense but I did not guess, the manual clearly says to connect it to the "power" side of the parking brake sensor, not the ground. I can't get past the safety screen for ipod video either, so I will go try to ground it. If that does not work, I'll try a Pac PTR7.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok, found this on the Tacoma forums, for the exact unit I have.....needs a relay.

"For the features that require the brake to be on, the head unit has to power up and THEN sense that the parking brake is on (grounded). Think about it...if you read the manual, it says you may have to take the brake off, then put it back on if the vehicle was started with the brake on. This mod works because the "remote" wire from the head unit powers up a fraction of a second AFTER the head unit powers up, triggers the relay, and provides a ground to the green brake wire after the short delay."

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok, found this on the Tacoma forums, for the exact unit I have.....needs a relay.

"For the features that require the brake to be on, the head unit has to power up and THEN sense that the parking brake is on (grounded). Think about it...if you read the manual, it says you may have to take the brake off, then put it back on if the vehicle was started with the brake on. This mod works because the "remote" wire from the head unit powers up a fraction of a second AFTER the head unit powers up, triggers the relay, and provides a ground to the green brake wire after the short delay."

that would be the relay method. the remote turns on the relay and closes the circuit for the ground. or, if you really wanted, you could just run it to a switch instead of messing with a relay.

Edited by skittlesRgood