Sonic Electronix

yea ask your mom why she likes to shop for jewelry or clothes and shit. what does it do for the greater good?

i dunno i love music and for some reason i find bass relaxing and it calms me down so thats mainly why i enjoy it.

ok, so your in your car u have sub woofers, u love the feeling of how it gives ur music LIFE, ur going to a party, ur not driving ur car, u don't have sub woofers, or 6 x9's just stock speakers, theirs no bass, just vocals. how does that make you feel?Well, it makes me feel like getting the fuck out of that car and getting into my car and cranking the bass up to maxium volume to regain my composure. I dunno if other people will agree with me, but thats how much my system means to me. When my dad took my system out to fix my car, as soon as he fixed it, i put my system back in and my mom was calling me insane, and asking me why I cared so much for it and i told her this "I busted my ass off to get what I got, and to show that I appreciate it I can't drive without it".

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

1. Sense of accomplishment

2. You put how ever many couple hours up to hundreds of hours into a project......and you get an end result that you will always be proud of, will astonish lots of people, and maybe freak a bunch out .

3. It's not something that everybody knows how to do.

4. Just because we love subs.........just like people love 454's, and 440's..... :)

5. Keeps us busy.... I have car stereo ADD, always need a project, or I start getting stir crazy.. :blink:

6 You learn a ton of skills - Woodworking, Glassing, Electrical, Auto Mechs, Welding, Math, Geometry, etc......

That's all I got.. Just Because? :)

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

2. You put how ever many couple hours up to hundreds of hours into a project......and you get an end result that you will always be proud of, will astonish lots of people, and maybe freak a bunch out .

4. Just because we love subs.........just like people love 454's, and 440's..... :)

5. Keeps us busy.... I have car stereo ADD, always need a project, or I start getting stir crazy.. :blink:

6 You learn a ton of skills - Woodworking, Glassing, Electrical, Auto Mechs, Welding, Math, Geometry, etc......

Couldn't have said it better myself. B)

Mike Roth

also for some people it keeps them away from the temptations of this messed up world today...the temptation of drugs....it's a good anti drug...spend your money on doing stuff to your system rather than spending it on drugs, it also fills that time that some people might be doing drugs and sitting around doing nothing with something constructive and accomplishing.

mountaindewif8.png

xboxuserbo7.png

Guest Nismofreak

yah homie....I think that is a detail answer....thanks I guess its time to tell my parents that its just a addiction...

Would your parents rather you be out smoking crack, buying whores, stealing, etc?

I don't mean that you would particularly do any of these things, but for me I have a wild, imagination and creative side to me. If it doesn't get fed then it starts trouble that I really do not need.

Working with car audio systems can really be used to nurture a persons creative side.

Maybe that explanation applies to you, if so, then tell them that.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Man pstone im the same way...im normally working on something allll the time, and I havent built shit in about a month, and i literally have trouble getting to sleep. Talk about stircrazy..

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Guest MegaloManiac

I say its just a hobby like collecting baseball cards or building model air planes. The hobby is for the passion of improving your sound better and better. :)

explain to your parents a lot of physics is involved, so you are learning quite a bit.