Jump to content

Jaguar Xk8, subwoofer upgrade


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, so this customer wanted to replace the old worn out factory "sub woofers" in the rear of the car. The factory speaker is a 6" midbass/midrange speaker enclosed in a .3cubic foot sealed enclosure located one on each side of the vehicle. I removed the factory speakers and did some slight modifications to the rear of the enclosure using fiberglass to allow a Digital Designs DDW6.5 in each. Each enclosure was also loosely stuffed with 50% poly-fill. The amplifier chosen to power the DD's is a single Digital Designs DDc2b.

The result...A clean sub bass sound that dropped as low as 30hz with no issues, and really cleaned up the overall performance of the system.

1209001024.jpg

1209001024a.jpg

1209001102.jpg

1209001103.jpg

1209001103a.jpg

1209001104.jpg

Posted

my favorite audio brand, and one of my favorite looking cars great install

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Posted

Another top-notch job by Pulse Car Audio!! A great upgrade and you can barely even see that you did anything! I've always been a fan of stealth upgrades on cars like this.

Even though I always do my own installs, one day I want to have your shop do an install for me. Your work is truly inspirational!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7515 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...