Sonic Electronix

this might be really stupid but is there a way to wire multiple amps "together" so as to power a load but be able to turn one or some of the amps off like if all the remote wires were ran on switches to the battery instead of the HU and then when you wanted more power you could just turn the others on

dont rape me im just curious

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

yes u can run a wire directly from your battery to switches and use it for your remote turn on. best way to do this is coming off your ignition for your constant 12v and wire it to a relay. and u can wire switches off the relay to your switches and then from your switches to your remote on each amp. pretty simple.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

why not just use a volume knob thing?

but yes it would technically be possible, though hard to set up and easy to screw something up.

i suppose it could be possible. the only problem i see would be keeping all the power from the amps going to the sub, and not back into the other amps. if you could solve that problem, i suppose it could work with the same model amps and all tuned EXACTLY the same :werd_msword:

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

if the amps had 6 channels then yea. other than that i dont see it happening. maybe if you had like 2 subs with high power handling and like 2,4, or 6 amps.

im confused

like 6, 6channel amps?

Edited by zayres29

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

no, they can not all be tied in together let alone have some turn on and off. amps are not made exactly the same. every part has a tolerance, usually 5-10%. i would imagine there would be delays in the sine waves and the subs would be taking "steps". thats my theory at least.

a secondary problem is that amps that are left off but still given input voltage tend to fail over time.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

in my mind, to have all six still playing the amps would have to be strapped and that's a lot of amps to strap together, along with a lot of different impedance changes. I'm talking out of my ass though.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur