Second Skin Audio

What Do You Guys Think Of A 18" Kicker Solo X?

Hey i jsut bought a navi and i was thinking of getting 2 18 inch kicker solo x's in my ride and take out the back seats. Do you guys think these are good subs? and will they bump da steet down. And the man im getting it from told me im crazy for buying them cus nobody ever bought it from him. So can you guys tell me if there good or not

thanks

Hey i jsut bought a navi and i was thinking of getting 2 18 inch kicker solo x's in my ride and take out the back seats. Do you guys think these are good subs? and will they bump da steet down. And the man im getting it from told me im crazy for buying them cus nobody ever bought it from him. So can you guys tell me if there good or not

thanks

yea 5000wrms id say they are good..check some vids out on youtube and look at the damage they do....hop u got alot pf power

Lets Go Ski

Theyre loud as fawk, but dont expect them to sound too great. In the right box they can sound alright tho.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I personally like the x18s, I have messed with them. They are definitly not an easy install, weight wise, and require pretty big boxes, maybe the wrong sub for that navi if trying to retain the middle seat even.

I worked on a navi with a x18, and it wasnt pretty, would have to wall it Iam sure

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Go for it. those are good subs.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I say get 2 18" Fi BTL's and you will do even better. At least you can customize how you want your woofer built. I was going to get the Solo X's myself but i changed my mind big time when i saw what Fi Audio was working with.

hey yo man its hard for me 2 get fi btl subs down here. I live in Toronto and like nobody down here has ever heard of those subs lol. If i blow it or something goes wrong i have to contact a person far away. Thats why i was thinking of going for the Xs instead of the fi btls.