Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Batteries for AQ2200D


Recommended Posts

Posted

So.. I've been thinking.. Most of you said I should double my power by instead of going with the AQ1200D, I go with the AQ2200D for my (2) Sundown Audio SA-12's D4. Well, If I go with the AQ2200D, I need a battery. I'm not to familiar with batteries since I'm still learning about audio, so what are some good batteries under 200$? And how many watts should it have. I may be looking at the wrong batteries, but if I am, that's not good. But an XS D925 (http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/XS-Power-D925.html)? I'm not sure if that's the right one, or can do the job, but it does say 1000-2000 watts.. And I found this company on the ads of this site so it must be fine. So if anybody can help me find a battery that can help me use an AQ2200D with under 200$, that would be great. Note, I do not have an UPGRADED* alt, the battery + big 3 are the other upgraded electrical I will have for a while.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

So.. I've been thinking.. Most of you said I should double my power by instead of going with the AQ1200D, I go with the AQ2200D for my (2) Sundown Audio SA-12's D4. Well, If I go with the AQ2200D, I need a battery. I'm not to familiar with batteries since I'm still learning about audio, so what are some good batteries under 200$? And how many watts should it have. I may be looking at the wrong batteries, but if I am, that's not good. But an XS D925 (http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/XS-Power-D925.html)? I'm not sure if that's the right one, or can do the job, but it does say 1000-2000 watts.. And I found this company on the ads of this site so it must be fine. So if anybody can help me find a battery that can help me use an AQ2200D with under 200$, that would be great. Note, I do not have an alt, the battery + big 3 are the other upgraded electrical I will have for a while.

that is a great amp for those woofers! i run one daily on my sa-12's... Yes you do need a battery upgrade at the least.... fit the biggest one you can under the hood and toss a good sized one in the back and you will be fine... you wont be able to demo at idle for very long periods of time but as long as your rpms are up a little, or your driving... you should be fine...

i would not skimp on batteries though... i found my kinetik hc2000 used for under 200.... there are also some guys around the forums that have used agm batteries that they sell off and on... that may be your best bet

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Posted

Well I mean, what's wrong with a XS? Aren't they good batteries too? I heard of the kinetik hc2000, and there outstanding by what people tell me, but if its 2000 watts, can't a XS pull out the same but they come cheaper? I know I shouldn't be cheap, but still, if XS is on SMD's site, it is a good battery by my guess. And I need 2? If I get 1 at first, then another later, should I put the 1 under the engine, or in the back.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

xs makes great batteries. if i were you, i would just save up so you can buy two at once. one for under the hood and one in the back. pm nathan@xspower, he'll be able to help you.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Posted

xs makes great batteries. if i were you, i would just save up so you can buy two at once. one for under the hood and one in the back. pm nathan@xspower, he'll be able to help you.

But which one? How many amps? Lithium? AGM? Charges? I'm guessing its AGM, but besides the point. How many amps? 800, 1000, 2000? Like, right now, I have enough money to buy 2 SA-12's D4 with an AQ1200D. Now, I need to save up a 100$ more for the AQ2200D, and also 150$+ for wiring, 100$ headunit, and now about 300$ for 2 batteries. That's why I asked, is it okay If I just buy one, and as some people may know me now, all I want to do is just get on the road and bump. I'm 16, and I do not have a job yet until summer. So.. I mean, I guess I'll have to wait to do it right. So there's no chance of me being able to put one XS D925 in the back / front and get the other one like a month later?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

XS Power D5100 up front with a 260a alt and XS Power D2700 in the back, kept me at 14.0-14.2 while driving and 13.6+ at idle.

That was with a AQ 2200 and Sundown 125.2

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Posted

I ran an AQ2200 in my Impala with a stock alt, stock front battery, a Deka 9A31, 0/1 power and ground and big 3 in 0/1 and I never dipped below 12.6 at full tilt. And that's outside the car while competing. In all, if you're just in it for demo's etc, an average battery (Kinetik HC1800, Deka 9a31) would be good enough until you get another battery.

One thing, those who say skip on the battery and get an alt, you don't really have to if you don't have the $$$ at the moment. I mean, I competed with guys who run up to 5k on a stock alt and (2) batteries with no problems.

Posted

There's a group buy in right now. Id get the S1200 for like...$170 shipped if I were you for under the hood. Then save up for the D2400 in the back.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 526 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...