Sonic Electronix

Tune an amp for daily?

I recently got a soundstream dtr1700, and it seems to be a great amp, the only problem I've run into is that there are large differences in loudness across different types of music. I mp3 gain all of my songs, so i know it is not a recording issue, and the old amp worked fine for all different types of music. With the soundstream however, a rap song will have loud powerful bass, and then i switch to an electro song ( yes i listen to electro/techno, please try to look passed that), the bass sounds much weaker... I know this is probably an issue with the bass boost/boost frequency but i haven't been able to tune it to kind of average it out between rap and other types of music. or should the boost frequency should be tuned to match the frequency of the box? I could adjust the gain to put out more power, but then switching back to rap would blow the subs. The DTR has gain, a subsonic filter, a boost frequency, and bass boost level, I'm assuming this is standard.. but can any one give me some help on tuning this amp to work across a range of music?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

it's an issue with the recordings. the amp doesn't care what kind of music you are listening to, it only reproduces the signals sent to it.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

it's an issue with the recordings. the amp doesn't care what kind of music you are listening to, it only reproduces the signals sent to it.

The songs on my ipod and the songs on my CD's haven't changed, but the amp did... and now the bass output is different. The variable is the amp. I understand the amp reproduces frequencies sent to it, but if the bass boost is centered at 50hz, a 50hz tone will sound louder than a 30 or 70hz tone, right?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

The songs on my ipod and the songs on my CD's haven't changed, but the amp did... and now the bass output is different. The variable is the amp. I understand the amp reproduces frequencies sent to it, but if the bass boost is centered at 50hz, a 50hz tone will sound louder than a 30 or 70hz tone, right?

no, also matters what the box is tune to, and the frequencies ur car peaks at. etc

no, also matters what the box is tune to, and the frequencies ur car peaks at. etc

So how should i set it? tune it to the box? and i wouldn't know how to tune it to the car. Or what is a good generic place to center the bass boost?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

So how should i set it? tune it to the box? and i wouldn't know how to tune it to the car. Or what is a good generic place to center the bass boost?

the best use of bass boost is to not use it at all.

Archived