How many watts is my power supply?

It says "Max power: 300w" then it says "output can not exceed 160w"

Is 160 like the rms wattage?

I'm trying to install a graphics card and it says 400w is recommended. The card is a "Radeon HD 4650". Is it safe to put it in or do I need a bigger power supply?

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

you ~really~ need to buy a new power supply dude. look for something bigger then suggested and with dedicated outputs just for the video card. All on a single rail would be nice too since you know all the power being produced will be avalable to where it's needed and no half of it over here and half of it over there regardless of how much is actually needed in those two zones.

I just went ahead and put it in. No problems so far, the temps are pretty low. I don't use my computer for any games so I figured that since I'm not using the card to it's full extent it would be safe. I mainly got it to watch HD videos without any lag and it's doing pretty good.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Yo can run your video card fine on that power supply, but you will never reach its best quality. Im running the 4850, they are damn good cards, my stays around 49-53 celcius when i play games i run fan at 75% so it wont heat up.

Edited by Socky

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Well I'll assume it's a prebuilt, so what model is it? Should say on the case. If it's not there then -

On XP - Start -> Run -> DxDiag -> Should be something with a model number

On Vista/W7 - Windows Logo -> Search DxDiag (You have to type in ALL of it) -> Should be something with a model number.