14v batt for running amp

dude... no... come on lol. you cant charge a 14v battery at 14v and you cant charge a 12v battery at 16v.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

12v batts are charged at about 14.4

14 volt batteries are charged at 15.5 or higher.

Where do you think the power is ultimately coming from? The alt ;)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

not trien to ask sumthen dumb. just asken. dunno if i'll have enough cash to by 2 14v batts. just want a constant 14v's at my amp is all

If you want a constant 14v at the battery, maybe you should look into better electrical. You dont use a 14v battery for applications like this (commonly). With a good alt, good batteries, maybe regulator on the alt as well, you'll see a constant 14v at the amp all day every day. No need for a 14v battery unless you can charge it at 16v, which will in return fuck up tyhe 12v up front.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Also, wouldn't having batts at 14v and 12v slowly drain each other trying to level themselves out if they are connected to same electrical?

The 14v battery would just go flat. It would sit there trying to push the voltage on the 12v battery up.

A 12v battery is about 2.3v/cell at a good float (13.8) and 1.8vpc when flat (10.8v)

I'm pretty sure these 14v batteries just use 7 cells in series instead of the normal 6 so they'll be completely flat at 12.6v - at which point the 'system' will probably be at a nice equilibrium. Except you would never notice, since the 12v battery would just continue powering your system.... just your alt would always be going flat-out trying to charge the 14v battery up again.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!