14v batt for running amp

not trying to thread jack or anythin, but, wouldnt one 16v alt with a stepdown for the rest of the car work better? i mean u could have yur 14v constant to yur amps(like yur wanting) and u would have a constant 12v system from the stepdown for the rest of the car.

You usually need two stepdowns to run a car properly. Honestly its not worth it.

but honestly it would be the "RIGHT" way to do it.

not trying to thread jack or anythin, but, wouldnt one 16v alt with a stepdown for the rest of the car work better? i mean u could have yur 14v constant to yur amps(like yur wanting) and u would have a constant 12v system from the stepdown for the rest of the car.

You usually need two stepdowns to run a car properly. Honestly its not worth it.

but honestly it would be the "RIGHT" way to do it.

No honestly the "RIGHT" way would be either running ALL 12v, 14v, or 16v batteries. Not mixing them.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

ok. well obveously he dnt have a strong enough alt to carry what the car is demanding to keep 14.4v at his amp. SOO. keeping his regular 12v for the frnt and having two stepdowns for the cars electrical, and having the 16v alt for the 14v batts in the back would keep his voltage at bay where he is wanting it. in his case hes already got 1 14v batt hes stuck with, so he would ony need the alt and the stepdowns for him to have what he is wanting.

ok. well obveously he dnt have a strong enough alt to carry what the car is demanding to keep 14.4v at his amp. SOO. keeping his regular 12v for the frnt and having two stepdowns for the cars electrical, and having the 16v alt for the 14v batts in the back would keep his voltage at bay where he is wanting it. in his case hes already got 1 14v batt hes stuck with, so he would ony need the alt and the stepdowns for him to have what he is wanting.

He never said he had a 14v battery. And if he does he's not "stuck" with it, he can sell it.

And I think it's more affordable to get 2 14v batts then getting a 16v batt, alt, AND stepdowns.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

He never said he had a 14v battery. And if he does he's not "stuck" with it, he can sell it.

And I think it's more affordable to get 2 14v batts then getting a 16v batt, alt, AND stepdowns.

I agree.

But I still vote for a better alternator.

It might even cost less than 2 14 volt batteries, and/the stepdown method.

You can not run a 12V and 14V battery on the same electrical system with out some step downs in place, or you have separate alternators to power the 12v and 14V sides. The first thing you need to look at is if your amp can take a 14V system, which will be charging in the 16.5-16.8V range.

If you are going to run 14V then it really makes no sense to try to run a 12V and 14V system. You will see some big advantages in power running with the 14V system over a 12V system, but you need to make sure your equipment will take it and you have to be able to charge at the higher rate.

Running a 16V system would have you at 16.9V fully charged with a load on them and charging at 19.2V.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

r yall syin to buy two 14v batts, 1 front an 1 back?

because you shouldnt mix a 12v and a 14v

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!