DC Sound Lab

4 DC lvl 2 8's, 1 single cab truck.

So, I finally got two more of these little beasts to throw in my ride, so it's time for a new box.

This box will be a hybrid SPL/music, so it's tuned to my target frequency of 42 Hz. The box will look like my old box for two 10" L7s that hit 143.4 on the same amp. I'm hoping to up that score with this box.

These subs will have to handle around 400rms, so the enclosure is quite small.

Any changes I should make? The subs will be staggered behind the passenger seat with the port like the one in the picture below.

Old Box V V V V

0947d4c7.jpg

New box plans V V V V

d779d093.jpg

Could you add a little bit more port area, while making the box bigger for it.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

That's not even the current box, the current box has no cups and the tuning is because in my truck, tuning around 42 is not only loud, but it still gets low in the small environment.

Subs behind both seats not only kills my legroom, but its SPL capabilities reduce dramatically. all the subs on the mic side and port behind me,

This is how i learned subs behind passenger is better-

3049482c.jpg

b4f593b6.jpg

Edited by Maticus

port looks way small in thet box with the 8's.

Inset the 8's and you'll get a bit of legroom back.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Blow-through lol jp, I'm sure you'll figure something out

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon