So for those of you watching this build, don't fret, i haven't just been sitting on my ass all day.

Today i took out all of the carpet and cleaned the bottom of the floor and vacuumed the carpet. Tomorrow i will be cleaning the carpet to add sparkle and life back into it lol. I also ordered rattle trap 50 sq just now and i will be installing that on the floor and in the roof. I also took out the seats and then reinstalled the drivers seat so i could drive. I feel like a street racer that takes everything out of his car to make him .5 seconds faster lol. Anyways, i do have pictures, they should be up tomorrow.

My list right now, on terms of what i want to do is, finish this FatMat on the floor, put the carpet back, install FatMat to the roof, put the headliner back on, then either late this week or early next week i will be working on the box again. Mainly working on anchoring the box right into the car. This will be more explained in pictures when we finish but it's chugging along alright.

Also, thanks to Alex K for his DC power 250 alt. I just received it today and plan on installing it tomorrow also. Expect a call Alex!

2 18s in an accord.. I had that planned for my accord but ended up going with 3 15s,

If you havent picked out an alt yet, i would reccomend a DC Power one, I went through 2 other companies on the forums before I got one that worked the best

shits gunna pound tha life out of that innocent accord! good work man

Thanks! I hope it does haha!

2 18s in an accord.. I had that planned for my accord but ended up going with 3 15s,

If you havent picked out an alt yet, i would reccomend a DC Power one, I went through 2 other companies on the forums before I got one that worked the best

I hadn't but Alex had a great deal on his 250 DC power alt, and i bought it man!

original wood is not birch, looks like 5-7 ply plywood. That will NOT be close to strong enough. Box should be 2x thick everywhere and triple baffle with bracing.

Also try to avoid just throwing a ton of random bracing inside the box as that will eat up volume and disrupt the air flow.

I've built a LOT of walls in the last few years and have learned some things along the way.

Just offering advice as I'd hate to see you not happy with the final results as I know how much time/money builds like this can be. Should slam when it's done, GL with the rest of the build :good:

LOL street racer haha. and yeah he bought my 250a xp. iiirc 190 a at idle 290 @ 2.3krpm. more than enough. I suggest some steel threaded rod too. I'd try for inch thick and use some of that for bracing. fiberglass the inside as well. nothing would suck more that. to cheat yourself on bracing and those dcs plow their way through the box LOL. also gotta talk to you about the damplifier too

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived