Sonic Electronix

so ive been drinkin, and been thinkin...... hahaha

would building a fiberglass/and or mdf "cup" behind the door speakers to seal them to the door pannel and keep them from playin in the door skin be benificial?

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

so ive been drinkin, and been thinkin...... hahaha

would building a fiberglass/and or mdf "cup" behind the door speakers to seal them to the door pannel and keep them from playin in the door skin be benificial?

Depends some work well in "enclosures"(I.E. Speaker pods) and others work well in more of an Infinite Baffle type of envioroment(Entire door airspace)

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

yeah i was jus thinkin.. whadda bout when i do my kicks?, i know component sets are midbass and a tweeter, so playin the mid in an infinate works,? or would ideal be to somehow seal er off..... ?... lookin like imma be without bass for awhile, so lookin to get the best sound i can for now without subs.

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

yeah i was jus thinkin.. whadda bout when i do my kicks?, i know component sets are midbass and a tweeter, so playin the mid in an infinate works,? or would ideal be to somehow seal er off..... ?... lookin like imma be without bass for awhile, so lookin to get the best sound i can for now without subs.

Yes, having the mid in ib will be fine, the only difference is the mid in a 3 way set doesn't play as low as the 2 way set mid. It also plays a bit higher probably. Just ib everything.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Sealing should bring out the midbass better.

Its all in according to what you want. Most people are happy with IB mids in their doors.

Just make sure to deaden good, and seal off the big holes if you went that route.

I'm sure sealing them would be a pity, and I'm not sure worth the effort. I've never tried it as how your describing it, maybe somebody has and will chime in.

yeah, im really jus going through my options, maybe ill trade my two 10" p3 fosgates for a set of q forms. possibly also some components to go in em

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

a "cup" might be a little small, since most mids are meant to be mounted IB. I've sealed a few, but they usually get about a cube each. I've also vented them in a similar enclosure. it's difficult to mold if you're using FG, but if you're rebuilding the door panel it makes it easier. They usually kick pretty hard, but lose a lot of low end

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

yeah, with my front doors, well hell even my backs, i bet my door pannel itself is a good 4-6" thick.... then the speaker mounts to the door itself and is like 2.25" deep. so , worst comes to worst, i may have a little room as far as depth goes to play with, really thinking about the idea of just getting some qform kicks and puttin some good comps in em and seeing where that gets me as far as sq

-06' f-150...

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho