Second Skin Audio

Need help w/box for a DD 2512

SQMonte

#of common walls should be 3 if slotted on one side

Can you explain this to me? I don't understand how it's 3 common walls...I figured the side wall and back wall were the only ones, what walls make up the 3 common?

look at the port opening, how many panels are part of the rectangular box.... top, bottom and outer port wall for slot ports on one side

if slot port from top to bottom in middle it would only be 2 common, because u have 2 port walls u are intalling

if along the bottom but not toucingh the sides, thats 1 common wall because u are installing 3 port panels

if aeroport or square port its 0 common walls

ive had that sub in 3 after with 70 before on 1500..

i dont like playing under tuning with that little amount of control, i beat the crap out of my subs and play 25-40hz mostly, so 3cuft with 70sqin is not going to last long in my hands at all

if OP bottoms out his subs because he saw a dealer put it in 3cuft with 70sqin he likely wont be too happy... i err on the side of caution instead

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Yeah i know, that´s why i said 2-2.2 cubic feet, 3 cubic feet for a 2512 is way too much.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I was going to say what Ray said, 1500 on a 2500 is pretty easily done. the 1500 series can take 1500 if your careful

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I was going to say what Ray said, 1500 on a 2500 is pretty easily done. the 1500 series can take 1500 if your careful

am i the only person who doesnt want to have to be careful with their setup, and wonder if the sub can take it

again, id rather be cautious than take a "careful" risk

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Yeah i know, that´s why i said 2-2.2 cubic feet, 3 cubic feet for a 2512 is way too much.

i didnt mean to quote u, my bad, meant to quote Ray

haha i knew it, don´t worry!

Well, i don´t know if the 1500´s can take 1500 watts, my 1510´s had 900 clamped watts to each one and took it like champs.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

am i the only person who doesnt want to have to be careful with their setup, and wonder if the sub can take it

again, id rather be cautious than take a "careful" risk

I'm running actual rms rating on my subs lol. just stated that it's possible and seen it done. I am talking amp ratings though not clamped rms

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

#of common walls should be 3 if slotted on one side

Can you explain this to me? I don't understand how it's 3 common walls...I figured the side wall and back wall were the only ones, what walls make up the 3 common?

look at the port opening, how many panels are part of the rectangular box.... top, bottom and outer port wall for slot ports on one side

if slot port from top to bottom in middle it would only be 2 common, because u have 2 port walls u are intalling

if along the bottom but not toucingh the sides, thats 1 common wall because u are installing 3 port panels

if aeroport or square port its 0 common walls

As i said on SP, i really love the way they sound on a 2-2.2 cubic feet box with around 34-38SQ of port :drinks:

i dont like playing under tuning with that little amount of control, i beat the crap out of my subs and play 25-40hz mostly, so 3cuft with 70sqin is not going to last long in my hands at all

if OP bottoms out his subs because he saw a dealer put it in 3cuft with 70sqin he likely wont be too happy... i err on the side of caution instead

Thanks for the explanation on the port walls thing, makes sense now:drink40:

It's funny you should say that about the frequency range you play your subs at cause listening to your bass enhanced music in my car is what is driving me to want something that goes lower than what I've had so far. I don't want something that ONLY hits the lows, but I would still like it to be able to bang them out with some kind of authority.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Well, my current box is kind of small because i wanted to get nice numbers on the meter and have a good control because i was gonna get lots of power, it´s 1.85 cubic feet and 19 SQ of port per cubic feet with a 42 hz tuning , i can play STRONG from 35 hz tuning to over 60 hz :drinks:

My 1510´s had a 43 hz tuning and i POUNDED around 35 hz, got to love DD´s!!! Once again, i would get around 2 - 2.2 cubic feet with a 37 hz tuning, that should play NICE from 30 hz to over 50 hz, OR, you can always build a 4th order, 2500´s are supposed to be LOUD on BP´s , and also, play a big range of frequencies.

well playing below tuning is never safe.

I dont really ever do it.

If you plan on playing below a subs fs then you should know to be carfull.

and maybe say that when asking about a box..

2.0 and 40sq will be better suited for attempting to blow your sub.IE:(playing below the drivers fs)

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived