yeah im at 130lbs lol ive gained 10 lbs since i started lifting since the summer, and im shooting for 135-140 once i get to spec op training but ive talked to a few friends that went through the AF basic and they said they put you on a diet to help you gain / lose weight

Not sure what you're routine is, but you should try just working out three muscle groups a day and only those twice a week.

Example:

Biceps/triceps/shoulders - Mon/Thur

Back/chest/abs - Tue/Fri

Legs - Wed/Fri

Rest on sunday.

That way you have time to let your muscles actually rest and have a chance to rebuild. Just do heavy weights with 3 sets of 6-8 reps, then rest for 60-90 secs. I mix it up by doing a set of biceps, then a set of triceps, then shoulders, then start over again with biceps and so on. Just stick to your diet or minimum calorie intake every day and you should see some results.

Edited by CFallsFbody

There's some studies that say your body cant absorb more than 50g of protein at a time, but there's other studies that say otherwise. I don't really like how full I feel after eating that much at a time anyways. Same with other vitamins and stuff, thats why the percentages on the label are rated crazy high, so there's a higher chance of absorption.

I weigh 184 and dont even eat 200g of protein a day, and I'm still gaining muscle. Not saying that more wouldn't help, but counting calories has worked for me thus far. Ill start counting macros when I get stuck.

As for whether its good for you, the kidneys are what you need to be worried about. Just drink plenty of water. But I still wouldnt worry. There's many bodybuilders who only have one kidney and still consume protein as normal.

in bold....pure protein is hard to breakdown. your making your body work harder than it has to.

but regardless of what anyone says, its YOUR body. IMO, everyone should design there own workout and diet, because everyones lifestyle/metabolism is different. what will work for some, won't work for others. Im only taking about 40g (pure) a day and Im 193-196lbs. then again, I take less because Im not looking to gain. I also don't eat a lot during the day. I would say Smokedout probably has the best formula to go by.

theres a book you might be interested in; called Power Factor Training. it gets real heavy into exercises, developing a mathematical system to numerically see your results...it was a little too intense for me, but the book has alot of basic facts and methods that do come in handy. I just couldnt see myself sitting down at the end of the week for an hour or 2 and doing all that calculation. just my 2 cents :pardon:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

hmm ima have to go look for that book, im trying to get the old man to get p90x for us todo since hes looking at getting deployed one more time that and i think that method will help me gain weight faster, but i switch my protein from Amp to Nitrotech today so i give it two weeks and we will see if it works better, but i read that amp' is for athletes that are burning calories and protein all through out the day and thats what its meant for,

but i have another question is a raw egg and hardboiled egg still going to have the same amount of protein in it,? i know a large egg has 6.6g and regular egg is like 5.6g because i cant stand drinking down raw eggs lol i add em to my protein shakes

I have used p90x and have actually integrated some of the DVDs into my weekly routine. Very good program, but still can't beat free weights IMO. =p

As said, you'll just pass any extra protien that your body simply can't break down. Your muscles are like sponges and can only absorb x amount of protien daily, the rest is wasted.

Although some crazy bodybuilders have gone to consuming 1g of protien per pound they weigh, spaced throughout the whole day.

For the amp protein powder, I believe it also has aa

I have used p90x and have actually integrated some of the DVDs into my weekly routine. Very good program, but still can't beat free weights IMO.

x2. I believe P90X is for just getting into shape, not necessarily bulking up. Free weights is the best way to go, but don't cheat yourself on the exercises. Before you do a lot of weight make sure your form and technique are right, otherwise it's not as useful. When I started working out I just did what I thought was right, but I got a book that breaks down each workout with step by step directions on how you should be doing it, and by following that I could feel a huge difference. Just something else to remember.

Also, you won't really see any weight gains in two weeks by changing your protein. And for the eggs, what I sometimes do is cook an egg or two to your preference (I did sunny side up), make it a sandwich and put some cheese in between, some good stuff for ya there. Tastes good and you don't need to eat it raw (done that once, haven't since).

Edited by CFallsFbody

P90x got so boring, I dont even know where it is now. maybe i should just sell it LOL.

raw eggs is a thing of the past, just cook them any way u wamt. Im about to go make 5 over easy eggs right now, with some oatmeal on the side. nom nom nom. I also eat the yolks. Just take your multi, eat and lift heavy and watch the results :D

I have one more month to bulk and then its cutting time woohooooooooooo

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D