Second Skin Audio

RE Audio SX 18... what can they handle?

Hey guys...

Im running 2 RE Audio SX 18s (not the new SXx.. the older models SX) in my tahoe... right now they are in a 14.5^3ft. (net) enclosure tuned at 30hz..

The drivers are rated for 1krms each and I'm running them off an old Hifonics Brutus bxi2006d amp at 1ohm (2k rating.. probably more like 1800 or so if I had to guess...) and after several weeks... they are still somewhat tight

Ive been looking around and some say NO MORE then 1500rms each... but then I see guys pushing them upwards of 3.5k each without issue..

With that being said... I dont play my stuff at full tilt very often... just to show off or for the local audio shop shows... etc..etc..

How much power (unclipped clean power that is..) can these handle in a daily driver? I was thinking about picking up an AQ3500.1 which would be 4200rms at 1ohm (2100 each) or would larger be better?

As far as power supply goes... single d3100 under hood and soon to be twin 3400s in the rear with a 270amp mechman alt. and multiple runs of 2/0 cable + big 3

Just doing a bit of research at the moment to see what my choices are... wont be buying for a while but need to get an idea of what I'm gonna spend.

Thanks guys

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

I had 2sx 12's running off of the hifon 2608 at 1 ohm and they where fine but I'm now runnin 1 15sx off an ap 1500 right now and its about to blow but I believe because my box is to large and couple yrs ago I had 2sx 12's runnin off of a solid audio 2500.d modified and them bitches gave me no problems but I had good electrical.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

stupid questions stupid answers

all you need is 1000rms each and the right box for them

Then I guess all the guys including steve who are pushing more then rms on their stuff are stupid aswell... dont be a tool.

Simply put... at rms, they are hardly moving... they are in a properly sized box and are loud... but they have a lot left in them and I want to get everything I can out of them..

I want to get away from the Hifonics amp that Ive got now... I want an AQ3500.1 and wanted to know if it would be a good match... simple as that. There are MANY under rated drivers on the market that can handle substantial amounts of power over what they are rated for... so I wanted someone with experience with this specific driver to give input... Not a stupid question if you ask me... so why waste your time?

As far as the people who actually gave me decent info... thanks.. the 3500.1 is what I'll be lookint at getting then.

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

have you looked here??

http://reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_sxx

1994 honda accord 2.2L VTEC

sub is re se motor with fi cone in a pre fab box

stock door speakers on an alpine v12 4 channel