I needed some new headphones after i lost my sennheiser cx-500's on a train (dont ask). so i thought, hmm rockford fosgate. reviews were good so i was like oh screw it. they came in the mail last night and heres my review on them

on with the pics

73LVh.jpg

h2jlz.jpg

KlnqZ.jpg

N8vhI.jpg

mRCo8.jpg

RVEwc.jpg

1BvAv.jpg

xvmZq.jpg

6uDNZ.jpg

the flat cable is very nice and i was surprised that these headphones really dampened that "thump" noise whenever you even touch the cables from other in-ear headphones that i've used.

these things get loud...really loud. i put them on my zune hd (better sound quality than ipod in my opinion) and i put Nelly - Move on full volume for 5 seconds, just to see how they would sound. i was shocked that i could not hear any distortion whatsoever and they stayed very clear. needless to say my ears hurt for a half hour after haha.

these punch plugs have very strong mids. RF seemed to try to make them sound "natural". there isnt really any crisp treble, which for me, doesnt really make songs complete if there isnt any strong highs playing.

i watched youtube video reviews on these things and people said that there is a strong amount of bass on these headphones...which i find to be bull crap because my sennheisers had more bass (maybe im losing my bass hearing?)

in a nutshell, these headphones sound very natural, but there isnt really a nice top end which i like to find in in-ear headphones unless you play something that just screeches highs (such as hardcore techno, or dance music) and even then, the treble just doesnt shine through. but when playing Decaf or rap artists who generalize in bass heavy songs, these headphones arent really overpowering on the bass which is nice.

i have mixed reviews on these, i honestly would have though rockford fosgate would have done better on these headphones seeing as how many members on here praise their mids and highs for how clear they are and how crisp they sound. punch plugs seem to be VERY low-mid range heavy and not very good on the high end. the low end isnt as prominent as i'd hope for them to be seeing as they are 15mm drivers, but whats done is done.

Sounds just like the DD/Kicker/ones as well lol

possibly, but im shocked how RF could release something like this. IMO this is WAY below their standard for a quality sounding product. in all honesty my sennheiser cx-300's and 500's sounded better than this.

possibly, but im shocked how RF could release something like this. IMO this is WAY below their standard for a quality sounding product. in all honesty my sennheiser cx-300's and 500's sounded better than this.

Sennheiser only makes headphones...They are specialized in them.

RF made headphones just to have some headphones they can sell so more people know Rf.(atleast that's what i think :P)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Sennheiser only makes headphones...They are specialized in them.

RF made headphones just to have some headphones they can sell so more people know Rf.(atleast that's what i think :P)

thats not a good first impression if someone has never heard of RF before rofl.

This is a nice review..too bad they dont fit your musical taste.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• 6 months later...

Archived