Sonic Electronix

voltage differences at battery and at amp

The people who are saying its "better" to ground to the car then useing wire.. Couldnt be more wrong. Battery termanals are actully backwords. The current flows from neg. to pos. a low grade metal frame is going to be worse then a copper wire, unless you drive a car that has an alloy frame. Keep the 2 runs but upgrade the wire!

Yes, I believe it's outdoor wire...like the shit you run underground and stuff. It's EXTRA hard to bend...and it's probably only got about 20 - 30 strands inside of it. It's 6 gauge wire from lowes...

Should I order this?

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4

But, would that fuse be fine for my amp? Should I go lower? I have a 60 amp fuse inline right now, which I think will take 4 gauge wire.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

The people who are saying its "better" to ground to the car then useing wire.. Couldnt be more wrong. Battery termanals are actully backwords. The current flows from neg. to pos. a low grade metal frame is going to be worse then a copper wire, unless you drive a car that has an alloy frame. Keep the 2 runs but upgrade the wire!

its not that the terminals are backwards. DC just flows from neg to pos.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

It could be wrong but i read that the terminals are marked backwords so it doesnt freak people out that there sitting/touchin pos.

its not that the terminals are backwards. DC just flows from neg to pos.

For 4 gauge get a 150 amp fuse.

and for pizza, always get extra cheese. guess the thread is now random.

What? And I wasn't being random I was being serious.

haha, I totally missed the guys post about 4 gauge wire. makes it a bit less random now :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Okay. I will get that kit along with a 150 amp fuse. Im looking at the wire right now. It is Southwire SIMpull e51583 (ul) (Awg6) gas and oil resistant or awm 600 volts vw-1. Whatever all that means....that whats on the wires.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

For 4 gauge get a 150 amp fuse.

and for pizza, always get extra cheese. guess the thread is now random.

What? And I wasn't being random I was being serious.

haha, I totally missed the guys post about 4 gauge wire. makes it a bit less random now :)

Lol.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived