fi ssd on audioque 1200D

i ordered a audioque 1200D that should be here tomorrow. its a 12 sitting in 2 cubes after displacement tuned at 30 hz. will be fine running the amp on stock electrical until i do my big3? how much will the sub take being in the box its in?

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

Depends on how silly you get with the controls..

If you abuse things, you're going to burn it up. Speakers only do what you tell them to do in the environment that you place them in.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

make sure you set your subsonic filter correctly and do NOT use bass boost. just be easy on the gain until you start to get used to the sub and know its limits. and the gain control and knob is not a volume knob remember that

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

yeah i got it all in and my subsonic set like 2 or 3 hertz below port tuning. i have the gain set so it doesnt even clip at full volume. does any one know if that clip light is accurate on the bass nob?

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

im going to be putting that aq1200 on a fi q this month. not sure about the clip light. Im waitin for SMDs new "distortion listener"! :drink40:

how are you "not sure" about the clip light on the remote gain knob? when it blinks red that means you're clipping. you dont need to wait for the distortion listener if your amp has that feature.

yeah i got it all in and my subsonic set like 2 or 3 hertz below port tuning. i have the gain set so it doesnt even clip at full volume. does any one know if that clip light is accurate on the bass nob?

i still wouldnt put it at full volume even if it says it isnt clipping, i would suggest like 75-80% max, at least thats what i do

im going to be putting that aq1200 on a fi q this month. not sure about the clip light. Im waitin for SMDs new "distortion listener"! :drink40:

how are you "not sure" about the clip light on the remote gain knob? when it blinks red that means you're clipping. you dont need to wait for the distortion listener if your amp has that feature.

lol well i know what the clip light does, but I don't own one so I'm not too sure about the technology and don't want to provide the OP with false information

i never turn the volume up all the way on the HU it goes up to like 35 or 36 i listen at like 27 to 29 at most. i should be doing my big 3 this weekend. maybe next week depending on how big my check is i still have to buy connectors and solder.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250