Fi BL 12

650rcode

Ordered this bad boy on black Fiday and it's finally here! It was funny watching the UPS guy strain his back while he carried the box to the front door. After opening the box and unscrewing the top cover I was surprised by how beefy the sub was for a 12. The cone was extremely stiff to push down and the size of the magnet is huge. Unfortunately I won't be able to power the sub until the new enclosure is finished and the rest of the car is set up. Anyway here are some pics of the new toy.

12" Fi BL 4" vc Dual 2

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

HU: Alpine CDA-9857

Sub: Fi Bl 4"VC fully loaded

Sub Amp: RF 1500-1bdcp

Highs Amp: Kicker KX650.4

Highs: Polk Audio db 6.5 comps

Epicenter

Nice! i hope to pick one of those up. or 18 or 12 havent decided :)

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

the enclosure for the sub is almost done but I'm having trouble deciding what to do for the baffle and the port. Its going to be a spare tire well box so the bottom is fiberglass and only the top baffle will be MDF, the depth of the box is only 9 inches internally. doing a slot port would be difficult to do because of the lack of straight walls and it would have to be extremely long to achieve the tuning that i want. i was looking into doing 2 4" aero ports for the 12"BL. I have a gross volume of roughly 3.04. after all displacements i end up with tuning of 33.29 and net volume of 2.53, but port area per cubic foot is 9.93, is this too small for the sub. I heard that you can get away with a smaller number here with aero ports vs slot ports. Additionally the ports would have to bend because of the 20" length and shallow enclosure. hope someone can chime in and help out so i can start playing with my new toy soon. thanks.

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

Epicenter

the sub and port will have to be facing up because they will be part of the false floor, there aren't really any usable sides as far as placing the port. if i did go with aeros, where is a good place i can pick them up at that will ship fast here to CA or where i can pick up locally in the bay area?

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

Epicenter

Archived