Second Skin Audio

Distance from port to inside wall

Or, you could just buy a smaller port...but by my calculations, your box is actually 6.51ft3. So in order to tune this to 34.5hz with a 6" port, im showing you need a port of 5.58" long.

randomcalcs.png

But, if torres is wrong, you can always just reduce the diameter of your port, that will allow you to shorten it to keep the same tuning.

mivtCK.png

Or, you could just buy a smaller port...but by my calculations, your box is actually 6.51ft3. So in order to tune this to 34.5hz with a 6" port, im showing you need a port of 5.58" long.

randomcalcs.png

But, if torres is wrong, you can always just reduce the diameter of your port, that will allow you to shorten it to keep the same tuning.

there's like 4.6 port per cube..that's not good.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

yea 2 6" ports, well going off of what i used before and what the SA line can do, i had 2 SA-8's in the recommended box, and had a single 4" aero, and i played with different tunning, and they got loudest and slammed the lows at 38hz, way better then tuned anything under. This may not be the case with the 12's, so i wanted to be able to tune as low as i could get, and tune to 38 to try it out. I will not be gluing the ports, only taping, and wanted to try keep them as long as possible, but if i absolutely need 6" then i will have to do so then.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

ok, well ill do what i have to do, but in the end, i need my 6" from the start of the flare to bottom of box correct? if so, thanks guys!

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

That should be fine I think(I THINK). I forgot who was telling me with the aero you can get as close as 3" but like they said give it a try. I just did my box yesterday 3 6" aero 4 sa-12's and it is so low >: ) 30hz lmao. With both doors open at 28hz did a 134 and change haha

ahaha damn, what vechile? i would love to tune that low, but my ports would need to be way to long

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver