Sonic Electronix

Do All AQ2200 do this?

I know someone (teammate) running a AQ2200 on 2 sa-12's and they have been taking the power like a champ. So it is completly possible to do it. Also ud have the extra bit of power for any future upgrades.

EDIT: Set ur gains right and you should have no problem.

And now people like yourself, (not trying to be rude or point fingers) say that the subs will handle the AQ2200D just fine. So I don't get it, I'm confused. Even if I do get the AQ2200D, can't I uhh.. What's the word called... Set the gain to like 2000 watts? Or even less? But just have the AQ2200D for a future amp? Say I upgrade to a more powerful sub.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Uh depends on how well the car is built? you cant just get the affects off on an amp rating.

True, I knew someone would say this. It wouldn't hurt to ask though. My build is in a 06 Civic Sedan btw. If THAT matters.

It has many variables such as where the port and sub would be firing and some cars sound better than others and some will rattle like shit and the other will only have little rattle... I have no clue about a Civic though Lol

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Honestly if your just a beginner in audio, you don't need the 2200d. The 1200d will do just fine.

People say you'll never see the 2200rms out of the 2200d with impedance rise and such. But I doubt you'll have to upgrade much of your electrical system with the 1200d. Therefore cheaper on you.

Very true, very true indeed. But like I said before, if your saying I'm a beginner in audio (Which I am), and that's why I shouldn't get the AQ2200D, I won't be installing this system. My dad's friend who has had at least 10+ years in audio (even opening his own shop) is going to install it. So I'm having a professional do it.

And since I've seen videos of an AQ2200D, I'm just in love with it. I've seen the AQ1200D do damage, don't get me wrong, but I want bump, and an AQ2200D will satisfy me more then an AQ1200D. The real question to myself is, will the subs handle it, and which battery do I need to get to upgrade my electrical.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Uh depends on how well the car is built? you cant just get the affects off on an amp rating.

True, I knew someone would say this. It wouldn't hurt to ask though. My build is in a 06 Civic Sedan btw. If THAT matters.

It has many variables such as where the port and sub would be firing and some cars sound better than others and some will rattle like shit and the other will only have little rattle... I have no clue about a Civic though Lol

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Alright, I was just asking. Like I said, never hurt to ask :). Thanks though for the explanation.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

*sigh* just because some people put more power to subs does not mean that everyone can/should. running RMS power does not mean that you will get bad results. they're rated at 600 watts for a reason. putting 600 watts to them will allow them to perform properly.

nothing aimed at you, but people always say 'oh put more power to those' and i bet lots of them just go on hearsay. so to someone like yourself who says you don't know exactly what you're doing, make sure you listen to the right people or else you could end up with a car full of smoke.

and on two SA's, i'd go with an aq1200

either way you go with an amp ur gunna be happy. Just don't think of the gain as volume control. I have no expeirence with the sa's but if people that do say that 2 of em will handle the 2200 and loud is what ur going for I'd listen to them!

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

Like i said before if you set the gains properly you should have no problem and leave you room for a sub upgrade later heres a vid of the person with the 2200 and the 12's with my old system thrown in.

Link

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

*sigh* just because some people put more power to subs does not mean that everyone can/should. running RMS power does not mean that you will get bad results. they're rated at 600 watts for a reason. putting 600 watts to them will allow them to perform properly.

nothing aimed at you, but people always say 'oh put more power to those' and i bet lots of them just go on hearsay. so to someone like yourself who says you don't know exactly what you're doing, make sure you listen to the right people or else you could end up with a car full of smoke.

and on two SA's, i'd go with an aq1200

Wow. That was a great post. :popcorn: And yeah. I know what you mean. People just say "If your new to audio, listen to anybody on this forum, and your guaranteed to have a great system." So, that's what I'm doing. At one point, 8/10 people said to get the AQ2200D (About 2 weeks ago). Now, about 5/6 people are saying get the AQ1200D. Really, all I want is some bump that I can enjoy daily. Like, when I mean bump, I mean, I want to feel it, I want to be surrounded by it. And I made a bet with a friend, he has 2 15's running 2000 watts ish, but he doesn't know that much about audio. He just payed someone at the store to do it and install it. I told him, "I bet you my 12's will slap just as hard, or even harder, then your 15's." He said if I did, he will buy me a months worth of gas. So, that's why I like the 2200D. But I mean, I guess I'll be satisfied with the AQ1200D. Thanks.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

If you want a 2200d you need different or more subs.

It has nothing to do with installing the equipment but when your playing it, knowing when the subs have had enough. One mistake and you could blow both of the subs, then be all upset and blame everybody(more than likely).

I'm just trying to save all this from happening.

And also, don't go by videos and how much stuff is moving, sometimes it will fool you like no other.

A box is more important that any equipment, you need to take this into consideration.

Archived