Any Film you get that a company made for a DIY Person will only last you maybe 1-2 years before it starts to peel or changes colour and fails.

Sorry but I disagree with this statement, I've seen people use a brand of tint off ebay that has lasted several years without any issues. It depends on how you take care of it and let it dry before rolling your windows down.

And here is a good video for self tinting. Just takes patience.

I agree with Gazoo. What kind of car is it? Something older with fairly flat windows would be something good for a first timer. If the rear has a defroster you can cut smaller strips and make seams at the defroster lines. This method is a little easier for a novice than shrinking. Again will will want to do your cuts on the outside of the vehicle. Make sure when you do the cuts outside that the clear is facing you. If you do decide to do it yourself, buy your tint from a shop. They usually have no problem selling film to do it yourselfers.

i gotta give my props for the pros though that can easily do the back windshields with no problem.

yeah i cant do curved glass :( i take mine to get done at a shop 30 minutes away, they also did my windshield in one piece in an hour and looks perfect. then again they do this everyday they better be good at it. good work=returning customer 2nd windshield they tinted for me and they took care of me both times.

i dont know, even tho the autozone stuff is cheap ive had it on the jimmy for over 4yrs no problems, hasn't change colors or peeled or scratched :shrug:

i gotta give my props for the pros though that can easily do the back windshields with no problem.

yeah i cant do curved glass :( i take mine to get done at a shop 30 minutes away, they also did my windshield in one piece in an hour and looks perfect. then again they do this everyday they better be good at it. good work=returning customer 2nd windshield they tinted for me and they took care of me both times.

i dont know, even tho the autozone stuff is cheap ive had it on the jimmy for over 4yrs no problems, hasn't change colors or peeled or scratched :shrug:

yeah i was almost going to. i WILL redo mine later down the year because i want to get better at it and do it in one piece but its fine for now i guess. the part where the second piece overlaps is covered by my box and from the outside its too dark to even tell :) but its still messed up :(

I was almost going to try them but i just didnt wanna take any chances. you arent the only person i've seen that has/had good luck with them. :shrug:

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss