2002 4runner - 16 12s 4th order

are u kyle?

nice to see hank sharing a similar design

his car is NUTS

nope. the design is awesome, sounds great from the bit of listening i've gotten in. most of the songs were from you :drinks:

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

I bought monster 0 gauge and its hard as shit to work with. lol

stuff is impossible when it's cold. what i had to do was try to get it as warm as possible before using it. sticking it in front of my space heater did the trick.

*edit - grammar

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

nice box man, waiting for some vids!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

nice box man, waiting for some vids!!

thanks! it's supposed to be in the negatives and windier tomorrow. Iowa sucks :( for all the work I put into this thing over the last couple days while freezing in the garage I sure am lazy about making a video lol. I'll get one up tomorrow night.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

I'm curious for vids myself. How is it sounding vs the clamshell u had originally?

sounds much much better. clamshell had some sloppy muddy sounding bass. from what I can tell the 4th order is more of a low end monster, which is exactly what I was hoping for. think the bandpass (i think that's what it's called) doesn't go up too terribly high. I may also have no idea what I'm talking about :clapping:

hopefully i'll get a termlab session with a local guy to get some numbers on performance

*edit - plays louder than the clam too, had some pretty crazy box flex with the clam.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Where is a termlab in dsm?

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

looks good man, cant wait to see the videoz, how much port area do you have in that thing?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

the baffle flexing thing was kind of pissing me off so I went out and bought more 1 1/4" dowels and put em in. the way my box is made I have to pull it out of the car every time I want to change anything...stupid me and my non-existent planning lol. I'm getting pretty damn good at pulling the 350+ pound box out and putting it back in by myself though.

168187_1615742071685_1180320105_31422429_524455_n.jpg

total of 8 dowels. got it back in, cranked it. and NO MORE FLEXINGGGG!!!!JDFL:KSFJDLS:KFJL:KJ :D:D:D:D:D

it's quite windy at the port. now i need to go find some girl to stand at the window for me. vids will come when its not 15 degrees windy as fack and snowing.

what are those feet things you got at the ends of the dowels? do they make it easy to remove the dowels for access to the speakers? If so, Great idea!

edit: 2000th post!

Archived