Sonic Electronix

3 15s in a wall...need some opinions

ok well im sold my old 12s and a friend gave me a power acoustik p3 15 and i have enough to buy 2 more for a wall...so im wondering has anyone used these that can tell me if itll be worth it to get 2 more or just sell this one and try and find something different for the same price. i have a fosgate power 1000 watt mono amp im gonna run em off of. and its going to be in my ext cab ford ranger. any ideas or helpful critisism is appretiated thanks.

do it right the first time man. Get some good qualitly subs. you might want to try and find a stronger amp too. your going to get a weird ohm load with 3 subs so you'll be losing power out of that amp. but it can be done. whats your budget?

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

yea.. ik that. but i lost my job and got tickets in the same week so till i get a job i have 300 bucks to work with. im also trying to show people you dont necisarily have to spend big money to get big sound...so im trying to make a budget build and show people it can be done with little money and effort. is there any other subs that might be better for around the same? doesnt have to be a 15 either it can be any size.

Job or no job, why do you want a build with "little effort"? The members on this site dont base judgement on numbers, they base it on the fact that you put time and effort into to a build thats done correctly and efficiently.

They seem to take alot of power, so go for it. If you get D2 voice coils, you can wire to 1.34 ohms and probably get 1000 watts out of the amp. Maybe you can sell the amp and upgrade to a more powerful one.

On another note, if you lost your job, should you really be worried about a system? I would get a new job first.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i have a interview for a job. so till i get hired which ik i will, i have 300 to work with and 2 weeks off so i wanna do something constructive. i found 2 re audio se that would be in my price range. probably would take more power than the power acoustiks too. and i didnt mean that i wasnt going to try hard and put everything into the build cuz i always do. i meant show them that ya dont have to go all out and do more than the average person to have something to be proud of. for instance some people on here compete. i meant they dont have to make a comp car and have everything to a t for decent sound. just gotta make the right box and hook everything up right and itll be just as good.

I had three BTLs on three RF T4000s which was a VERY devastating system....and I never competed....lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?