Second Skin Audio

subs bottoming out. got it figured out.

baaudio

Well turns out its the two nearest the port exit that are bottoming out.

yeah that's kinda what we were saying

put a small wave guide underneath those 2 subs to block the backwave from directly hitting the port mouth. or build a new box.

Just to make sure were on the same page. Looking at the picture of the current box. Port goes out the left side, the subs farthest left are bottoming out. Now like stevil was saying could I just add an internal baffle below those to load them sooner

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Well turns out its the two nearest the port exit that are bottoming out.

yeah that's kinda what we were saying

put a small wave guide underneath those 2 subs to block the backwave from directly hitting the port mouth. or build a new box.

Just to make sure were on the same page. Looking at the picture of the current box. Port goes out the left side, the subs farthest left are bottoming out. Now like stevil was saying could I just add an internal baffle below those to load them sooner

yes. just a piece of wood to go underneath em to diflect the backwaves. far enough away from the port that it doesn't effect tuning drasticly.

IMG00433-20110112-1943.jpg

add a board like this? i dont mind trying different things with this box. silicone works wonders for filling unused screw holes. im gonna build a new box either way just making the best of my current situation

currentbox-1.png

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

well it helped a lot. i still have some but its only when i take the bass knob over 3/4. its pretty loud even there, at least to me, and it sounds good. im hoping to meet up with some guys and try some tl #s. but that will be a while

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived