Second Skin Audio

May be downsizing need sub suggestions

Also wondering if AQ 10's would be a sensible option, the sdc2.5's specs are comparable to dc lvl 3s

ied go with sundown just bc of the fact of there thermal power handling.. never seen a a sd 2.5 take the abuse a sundown sub has. or say a dc level 3 with 4 coils increase handling about 30%

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

So even though the power handling is the same spec on aq and dc lvl 3 the dc will take more abuse? BasicLly the aq is rated accurate and dc is underrated?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Yea kinda, i think it has a lot to do with the cooling as well, the level 3 has a 3" coil, which most subs, including sa's dont, having the extra area lets the heat dissipate (go away) faster. I haven't seen the tests that the sa-12s go through put on the level 3, but the sa-12 seems way better built than the sdc2.5. I would imagine the level 3 and sa would be really similar in their output and handling though. I honestly see the level 3 being able to handle a little more because of the 3" coil though, and it's aluminum

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I don't have enough room behind my rear seat for anything but maybe my amps. I am really leaning towards the lvl 3s I hve ruled out 12 due to space limits but it's still between sdc 10s lvl 3 10 s or hdc3 10s the hdc3s cost the most and I'm not sure how much better than the lvl3 it really is

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I would do 2 HDC3's on both the AQ2200's if you have the room, but only if your able to go ported....also since your gonna be a bit tight on space, go with the Copper Coil HDC3's since you box is probably gonna be closer to a cube a piece per sub ported, so about 2 cubes after displacements(give or take a bit) and since your feeding the AQ's double power the smaller box will help with control.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

So if I'm not able to go ported , would you go with the lvl 3s on one amp sealed? Im just worried about the box being too wide and being too close to my doors to fire ports out each side of the box which will really be the only place I can fire them

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

So if I'm not able to go ported , would you go with the lvl 3s on one amp sealed? Im just worried about the box being too wide and being too close to my doors to fire ports out each side of the box which will really be the only place I can fire them

That would probably be one of the better options if you need to go sealed, also it might be a good idea if you go with the LVL3's to get the coil upgrade, just to make sure they handle the power

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

So i'n your opinion lvl3 with 4 coil > hdc3?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

So i'n your opinion lvl3 with 4 coil > hdc3?

In a sealed application yes, in a ported application no.....the AQ HDC3 10's are little beasts, I have one sitting write next to be, thats going in my car soon, before this I had a DC XL15 and I would say this is about the same weight as it, but I just needed a sub that takes up less trunk space, and have always wanted to try AQ, so thats why I picked up this sub.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ