No offense guys, especially you smoked out impala. Having a rifle chambered in .408 cheytac is badass and has possess's some serious potential for long range performance. Although Hugh is looking for a SOMEWHAT cost effective long range rifle, and you know as well as I do that reloading for a .408 cheytac or any of it's wildcat variants is not cheap. The .300 win mag is perfect for his application. And I'm not sure if I interpreted this wrong as I just glanced at it, maybe you were talking about the Remington 700, but how doesn't an AR-30 have the cool factor? Or a R700? Maybe I'm just biased, but I think my R700 is just plain sexy :)

123.jpg

And it prints pretty good groups too, .68 MOA groups at 100 yards with this load.

group.jpg

This is the second load I ever tried out of it before winter came :(

The load was composed of Hornady 208 grain A-max's, Hodgdon Retumbo, Remington brass, and Federal 215 large rifle mag primers. Projected velocity is at 3000 ft/s according to my calcs.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

No offense guys, especially you smoked out impala. Having a rifle chambered in .408 cheytac is badass and has possess's some serious potential for long range performance. Although Hugh is looking for a SOMEWHAT cost effective long range rifle, and you know as well as I do that reloading for a .408 cheytac or any of it's wildcat variants is not cheap. The .300 win mag is perfect for his application. And I'm not sure if I interpreted this wrong as I just glanced at it, maybe you were talking about the Remington 700, but how doesn't an AR-30 have the cool factor? Or a R700? Maybe I'm just biased, but I think my R700 is just plain sexy :)

123.jpg

And it prints pretty good groups too, .68 MOA groups at 100 yards with this load.

group.jpg

This is the second load I ever tried out of it before winter came :(

The load was composed of Hornady 208 grain A-max's, Hodgdon Retumbo, Remington brass, and Federal 215 large rifle mag primers. Projected velocity is at 3000 ft/s according to my calcs.

That is one sexy ass rifle... I love my .408 and yes its expensive..I have a 300 Weatherby,375 mag,and 338-06 and they are all bad ass LR rifles but i love collecting guns and playing with new calibers for fun

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived