Sundown Audio

Line driver needed for 1500D?

With all due respect, how is it that you work at a shop, had your amp tuned by your supervisor, but yet you're coming here asking for help troubleshooting? What shop do you and your supervisor work at?:peepwall:

I don't have a problem with you asking for help but it just seems a little strange that neither you nor your supervisor could figure this out. And just for the record, the preout voltage on that deck is 5v.

If the amp isn't in protect, LPF seems to be set fine, I think the SSF is turned up way too high, did you check that?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

pictures of settings and wiring please

VEHICLE:1993 Ford F-150

ELECTRICAL:1-350Amp 1-200Amp Idle Excessive Amperage Alts.

BATT'S:13 Stinger SPV70's

HEAD UNIT:Pioneer N1

MIDBASS:2 10" 2 8" Sundown prosound protos

SUBS:3 NSv.2 18s in a series tuned 6th order

SUB AMPS:3 Sundown SAZ-4500D

MIDBASS/TWEETER AMP:Sundown SAX-200.4 Simon Eichenberger is the King

With all due respect, how is it that you work at a shop, had your amp tuned by your supervisor, but yet you're coming here asking for help troubleshooting? What shop do you and your supervisor work at?:peepwall:

I don't have a problem with you asking for help but it just seems a little strange that neither you nor your supervisor could figure this out. And just for the record, the preout voltage on that deck is 5v.

If the amp isn't in protect, LPF seems to be set fine, I think the SSF is turned up way too high, did you check that?

The reason why I'm on here asking is cuz all my boss would say is "I told you that POS amp didn't have any power". I don't set the amps or tune the system, all I do is the wiring/door speakers/HU and he does tha rest. I don't usually ever set the gains on the amp so I was asking. This is just my pt time job guys, I work full time at the fire dept so I'm no expert. Sorry if it came off sounding that way.

So I'll ask cuz I don't know, what is the SSF?

Edited by devilman

The reason why I'm on here asking is cuz all my boss would say is "I told you that POS amp didn't have any power". I don't set the amps or tune the system, all I do is the wiring/door speakers and he does tha rest. I don't usually ever set the gains on the amp so I was asking. This is just my pt time job guys, I work full time at the fire dept so I'm no expert. Sorry if it came off sounding that way.

So then how do you know your boss didnt set your amp settings wrong, to try and prove the amp wrong and say TOLD YOU SO?

Subsonic filter is a filter that eliminates the low notes comming out of the amp. If you turn this all the way to clockwise, there will be no bass below 60hz.

For testing purposes do these things.

Turn all your dials counterclock wise (to the left) on the amplifier.

For your GAIN, turn it clockwise, about 1/4th the way up.

For your SUBSONIC turn it clockwise, about 1/3 the way up.

For your LPF turn it clocwise, about 1/2 the way up.

For your BASSBOOST, leave it turned all the way down at 0 which is counter clockwise. Bassboost is not needed.

For your PHASE, leave it turned all the way down at 0, again this is also not needed unless you are using multiple woofers with multiple woofer amps.

With these settings your amp should make some serious banging with a 5volt output on your eclipse headunit.

By no means are these the perfect settings, but they should be close to what you need with a few minor tweeks here and there!

The reason why I'm on here asking is cuz all my boss would say is "I told you that POS amp didn't have any power". I don't set the amps or tune the system, all I do is the wiring/door speakers and he does tha rest. I don't usually ever set the gains on the amp so I was asking. This is just my pt time job guys, I work full time at the fire dept so I'm no expert. Sorry if it came off sounding that way.

So then how do you know your boss didnt set your amp settings wrong, to try and prove the amp wrong and say TOLD YOU SO?

Subsonic filter is a filter that eliminates the low notes comming out of the amp. If you turn this all the way to clockwise, there will be no bass below 60hz.

For your BASSBOOST, leave it turned all the way down at 0 which is counter clockwise. Bassboost is not needed.

For your PHASE, leave it turned all the way down at 0, again this is also not needed unless you are using multiple woofers with multiple woofer amps.

With these settings your amp should make some serious banging with a 5volt output on your eclipse headunit.

By no means are these the perfect settings, but they should be close to what you need with a few minor tweeks here and there!

I wouldn't doubt that he would do that cuz he was all pissy when I got the amp cuz it wasn't sumthin he liked. I'll set all the settings like you suggested and go from there. Thanks!

I wouldn't doubt that he would do that cuz he was all pissy when I got the amp cuz it wasn't sumthin he liked. I'll set all the settings like you suggested and go from there. Thanks!

What equipment do yall carry at the shop you work at??? Sadly I wouldnt doubt what others say about Bossman setting the amp like that, especially if he would of wanted you to buy an emp from the shop

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

What equipment do yall carry at the shop you work at??? Sadly I wouldnt doubt what others say about Bossman setting the amp like that, especially if he would of wanted you to buy an emp from the shop

We carry Focal, Image Dynamics, Hertz, Dynaudio, CDT, RF, Audison, Audio systems, Orion, Hypnotic, Butler, Steg, and a few others, can't remember all of em right now. It's a bunch, way to many if you ask me!

An yes I'm pretty sure tha boss would do something like that cuz he has to have the say on what goes in everybodies system. Which he's usually right and every system turns out great but I wanted a different brand so we'll see if I can't get this thing sounding right.