The 5901 transmits to the main remote every few seconds, say someone thuds the car or starts jimmying into it and the shock sensor feels that it will give a warn chirp from the siren and then report that to the remote on your key chain. It will say warn show pic of hammer representing impact. If your car is hit really hard it skips the warn away and goes full alarm. If some how they get door around shock sensor as soon as door is opened full alarm goes off.

As for the proximity sensor it has two fields primary and secondary and they are adjustable if someone walks around car and starts peeking into windows the sensor detects that and will give warn chirp which will be sent to key chain remote also. In the summer I like to leave my window down a bit and if someone where to stick a hand into car the next sensor will trigger the full alarm. I found the sensor on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essentials-508D-Disturbance-Sensor/dp/B0009VFOME/ref=pd_cp_e_0_img

and its pug and play. Reviews on this sway both ways but as paranoid as I am once I set the fields right I don't mind the warn away if someone gets to close say at walmart parking lot, I just stay ready for the door message which hasn't happened yet lol. And once in my drive way nobody should be getting the close to the car to begin with.

The 5901 has a full silent arm feature where you press function button four times on remote and then arm button and the alarm will be on full alarm but if anything triggers shock sensor, door triggers, or motion sensor the would be thief would not know your being alerted by your remote on your key chain and you can welcome them to a warm greeting into your car. Their is a very slight delay on full silent notifications but they are there for sure.

My real world experience with the range on remote warnings is I get notifications in the mall, grocery shopping, restaurants, movies, walmart.

I'm glad I got the 5901 and it has proven its worth. The price is good over at sonic and if you put it in successfully I will envy you lol.If theirs anything else just ask. :drink40:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

The 5901 transmits to the main remote every few seconds, say someone thuds the car or starts jimmying into it and the shock sensor feels that it will give a warn chirp from the siren and then report that to the remote on your key chain. It will say warn show pic of hammer representing impact. If your car is hit really hard it skips the warn away and goes full alarm. If some how they get door around shock sensor as soon as door is opened full alarm goes off.

As for the proximity sensor it has two fields primary and secondary and they are adjustable if someone walks around car and starts peeking into windows the sensor detects that and will give warn chirp which will be sent to key chain remote also. In the summer I like to leave my window down a bit and if someone where to stick a hand into car the next sensor will trigger the full alarm. I found the sensor on amazon

http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_cp_e_0_img

and its pug and play. Reviews on this sway both ways but as paranoid as I am once I set the fields right I don't mind the warn away if someone gets to close say at walmart parking lot, I just stay ready for the door message which hasn't happened yet lol. And once in my drive way nobody should be getting the close to the car to begin with.

The 5901 has a full silent arm feature where you press function button four times on remote and then arm button and the alarm will be on full alarm but if anything triggers shock sensor, door triggers, or motion sensor the would be thief would not know your being alerted by your remote on your key chain and you can welcome them to a warm greeting into your car. Their is a very slight delay on full silent notifications but they are there for sure.

My real world experience with the range on remote warnings is I get notifications in the mall, grocery shopping, restaurants, movies, walmart.

I'm glad I got the 5901 and it has proven its worth. The price is good over at sonic and if you put it in successfully I will envy you lol.If theirs anything else just ask. :drink40:

The 5901 is awesome, I have the 5902 which is the 5901 brain with a different keyfob. Its nice having awesome range. I too have the proximity sensor, its nice to know when people walk by my van, it it covers the inside well. If its not set right it will drive you nuts, but thats why you set it right. I also wait for a door trigger or glass break, those are about 100% when it comes to a break in, it doesn't lie, if that sensor is tripped you better run out there :P full silent is nice too as people don't care if a siren is going off, but the thief will not expect for someone to be coming out to the car :P plus you can bypass the proximity sensor if your at a store or something, but its worth leaving on, makes people think your car is smart !

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

very helpful information right there my friend, and now i understand.. and i totally dig that radar where someone tries to peak in the windows

i was out one day and saw a big ass excursion, 26"s looked lowered to an extent and i saw a huge thing of woofers in the back, i peaked in and "chirp".. walked away on my way back out i walked by it and "chirp" so i couldnt see what was in it lmao

i'll deffinatly look into the 5901, i was really going towards the 5701 though cause it's cheaper, and im not really the one buying it lmao.. would be sick if i could find one less than 200 though, i have a friend that works at BB, i'll see what she can get one of those for cause i deffinatly dig the visual display

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

Sonicelectronix. It's where I bought mine. My brother bought his. And my friend bought his. We all have the 5901. I've had mine for a little less then a year and love it. The two way is very nice and the main remote is rechargeable. I have every sensor on mine as well, proximity, glass break, tilt sensor, and back up battery as well as a window roll up module. I love it. You'll never sleep better then when that remote is on your nightstand. Lol. And by the way. The 5701, 5901, and 5902 are the exact same alarms. Just different remotes. The 5701 is two way it just doesn't have a display to tell you what's going on. Have someone help you install it maybe if you can. If only the alarm part is going to be used though it isn't that bad and only a dozen wires or so. But you may have to use some relays and diodes for dome light supervision and door locks etc...

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

i actually considered doing the remote starter, i currently have a code-alarm remote starter/keyless/trunk pop, all the wires are ran so i would just have to cut and splice from the old harness correct?

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

The 5901 is awesome, I have the 5902 which is the 5901 brain with a different keyfob. Its nice having awesome range. I too have the proximity sensor, its nice to know when people walk by my van, it it covers the inside well. If its not set right it will drive you nuts, but thats why you set it right. I also wait for a door trigger or glass break, those are about 100% when it comes to a break in, it doesn't lie, if that sensor is tripped you better run out there :P full silent is nice too as people don't care if a siren is going off, but the thief will not expect for someone to be coming out to the car :P plus you can bypass the proximity sensor if your at a store or something, but its worth leaving on, makes people think your car is smart !

is the key fob worth an extra $110

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

For the most part yeah but it never goes that easy. Lol. But likely same wires will be used from the vehicle. I use bulldog's alarm website for vehicle wiring diagrams. And get a directed brand key bypass and also there's a cable that connects the bypass straight to the alarm to simplify instalation and operation. I forget the part number though but I didn't know about it until I got everything Friday and planned installing Saturday. Had to go to a local stereo shop and pay 25 damn dollars to them to get it when it's only like 10ish online

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Looking at the 5701 it seems pretty good. Is the 5901 worth the price difference its all on you. Its like the comparison between the 5901 and 5902 its mainly the remotes that change. I can only speak about what I have. One more thing I like about the 5901 is that the transmitter goes on the glass to the side of rear view mirror and at night when the alarm is armed it has a blue L.E.D that bounces off the back part of the rear view mirror and also hits dash and seats. I like that instead of the alarm lights that are on the dash or somewhere you need to be close to see it.

The further I can keep people away the better.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

is the key fob worth an extra $110

I install these things for my job, tomorrow I am doing a 5901. I have the 5902 in my vehicle, and I love it. I would in my opinion get the 5902 over the 5901. The 5701 has only a 2000 foot range, the 5901 and 5902 have a 1 mile max range. Defiantly get at least the 5901. As far as hooking into the preexisting remote start wires, you can, if they are easy to get to I would just redo it all, not that hard. Remember with alarm systems, you want the brain so that it isnt easy to get to. I figure if it takes a thief over 1 minute to find it you are good, as that is the time it takes to get out there :P but the longer it takes them the better. If you are ever going to disable these alarm systems, the easiest way is to get into the car without opening the door, and go to the main pillar where the antenna wire was ran up, drivers side, and cut the antenna wire, that disables you from knowing you got it, then removing the modules ground connection, thats the easiest way to disable these things, luckly you can't do that most of the time without opening the door :P anyways, the 5902 already saved me once, and I think of it this way, is all your equipment worth $300 or less? no? then you should be getting the 5902, you can get it for 335 shipped Viper 5902 Link. Also, playing with the 5901 remote and the 5902 remote (which I have) I noticed you still have to remember commands on the 5901, like if you want to check temp or something, you have to remember the function table. on the 5902 you just switch menus and its a full on menu system, so no memorizing :P one cool thing you can do with either of them is the timer start. I set mine for 8 hours 1 time. So I have my phone alarm me at 11:20 pm at night, then I set the timer mode. Then my car starts automatically 8 hours later at 7:20am, and I leave at 7:40am, and its all warmed up, that way if I wake up late when it is -20f out, I still have a warm car to get into :P that can be done with either, but its easier to activate on the 5902 :P

Edited by dereileak

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)