18 BTL N2 Thanks FI

NYC54

i like it alot. congrats on the new sub mang. hows the weight?

I'm thinking its +/-45lbs.

not bad huh, better then what 80lbs with the older BTLs

First Gen was ~60lbs and Second Gen was ~70lbs. IIRC.

Back when Fi first came out they had a contest to guess the Weight of a fully loaded BTL in nickels. I happen to guess the closest to the right answer, only 32 nickels off. I'm thinking I guessed 5225, and correct answer was 5257. I may go search ca.com and find out.

That was a major design point with the new subs... a diet. Not too mention with our odd choice of magnet orientation it allowed us to do some unique things with the cooling (for both the magnets and the coils). While its not a quantum leap in performance over the older versions (becoming increasingly difficult to push them forward performance wise as we seem to have hit diminishing returns on the last version), it does represent a solid upgrade and step forward in tech.

Thanks,

Scott

Hopefully in less then a couple weeks ill be ordering my 1 18 n2 but happy for you. What are you going to use to push it

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

• 4 weeks later...

i will pushing 2 18 btl n2 , i might go with a AQ3500D or Sundown 3500d im undecided

From what I've read, alot of people are happy with the AQ3500 for 2 BTL's. The price is good on that amp too. Not sure what the price point is on the other amp.

Just metered one of these subs today in a first gen blazer and pulled a 145.6 sealed center of dash on a Bx1605 and .5ohms it was laughing at the power. This sub is a beast we will be testing it on a AQ 3500.1 here soon. It sounds AMAZING just like the last BTL and i was very happy to feel the sub stay VERY cool the entire day.

Scott and Nick great work.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived