Sonic Electronix

Around 320$ to spend on subs, throw me some ideas.

I'm going to end up having around 320$ for sub's by the end of next month or so and am wondering what I should be looking at. I'm all set on electrical and everything, I just need some ideas on some loud subwoofer's for my budget. So far I have looked at getting two Fi X 15's in single 2 ohm with the BP Power option, and this brings me right near my budget. How are these subs? I would like a lot of cone area. Thanks

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

My buddy has a single Fi X 15 and it is ok, doesnt take much power at all though. What kind of amp are you going to be using? There was a dude selling a pair of DC level 3 15s on here for pretty cheap, I would take those over the FIs.

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...)

FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice...

SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap

SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....)

I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.

I'll be getting the amp later, so really I can get any amp. I just want to buy the subs first so I can build the box

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

Bump bump

i'd stay away from the fi x's, imo they don't come to fi standards, even if it is a cheap woofer. Look into dc level 2 or 3's, or like kranny said, get the obsidians, they look extremely similar to the sa's, and that's because they're co-designed(if i'm wrong please correct me) by jacob. They're like 150 shipped per 15 on preorder, and eta is set at march.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

like kranny said, get the obsidians, they look extremely similar to the sa's, and that's because they're co-designed by jacob. They're like 150 shipped per 15 on preorder, and eta is set at march.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

What about 6 Fosgate p1 8's? I know that they're not high quality woofers or anything, but how loud do you think I could get with 6 of those ported on 900 watts RMS give or take? I like the idea of something unique.

What about 6 Fosgate p1 8's? I know that they're not high quality woofers or anything, but how loud do you think I could get with 6 of those ported on 900 watts RMS give or take? I like the idea of something unique.

hahaha if you want. you'll most likely get way louder with a pair of GOOD 12's